Does NCL ever drop the solo supplement?

nhtravels

We are 37 days out from our cruise on the Joy.  My husband and I are considering bringing his mother, as his dad passed away earlier this year. We thought some Haven pampering and vitamin sea might be good at this time.  I'm wondering if NCL does the solo supplement, especially getting close to sailing dates.  

Thanks for any info! 

Upcoming Epic T/A this month, solo supplement dropped but valid (applicable to) only available Insides - everything else practically sold out and no longer available ... maybe crazy live Haven bidding and not a chance of solo supplement being offered.  

Even the Sun's current TA is sailing at 90% capacity ... solo supplement was dropped but practically only good for remaining Insides GTY. 

Odds for Haven deals in 2023, slim to none in the immediate future with the busy & popular summer season approaching fast.  

Oddly enough - Haven IS one that has a reduced supplement on May Bermuda cruises on the Joy, on the May 14 and May 28.

The only other reduced supplement on the Joy is May 28 balcony.

To find them you need to add the filter for one passenger, only then will the reduced solo supplement indicator appear.

There are cruises without solo supplements, especially with sail away rates. Unfortunately, I've never seen it for the Haven and they've been scarce lately as NCL has kept prices high to meet high demand. Fortunately, it's easy to find solo rates on their website by searching for 1 passenger, which is how I found last-minute deals in the past, like a 5-night Joy to Cabo in February for $400 solo inside. Those cruises will usually mention reduced or no solo supplement, but it's easier just to search on their website for the lowest price. 

37 minutes ago, hallux said:

Oddly enough - Haven IS one that has a reduced supplement on May Bermuda cruises on the Joy, on the May 14 and May 28.

Wouldn't you know it?  We are going on the 21st 😞 . Darn!  I'll have to see if DH's brother-in-law and wife (who are also joining us would consider splitting the cost.  

I'm taking a transatlantic on the Breakaway in a few days and there was no single supplement on any of the staterooms for the longest time. Now I think only the inside cabins have no supplement. Last year there were a lot of transatlantics with no supplement, but this year only NCL has been offering them. Based on the roll call for my trip it looks like a singles excursion, as all the single travelers have congregated on one cruise line.

I find the vacations to go website to be helpful in finding cruises with no supplement, as it allows you to price singles and shows the amount of the supplement. It does leave some cruises out, particularly Celebrity, but I still find it very helpful.

Edited by Mississippian
  • Like 2