Best Amtrak station for Cape Liberty--still Newark Penn?

brookmill18

15 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

I also see a Cape Liberty station so wasn't sure. Anyone know if RCCL runs shuttles from any of them?

Thank you!

There's no Cape Liberty station. I think you're confusing the Newark Liberty International Airport station (EWR) with Cape Liberty.

Take Amtrak to Newark Penn Station and Uber from there to the port.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, brookmill18 said:

I also see a Cape Liberty station so wasn't sure.

Do you have a citation to the Amtrak website that shows a "Cape Liberty station"? There is no Amtrak station at Cape Liberty, so I am curious to know how Amtrak is advertising "Cape Liberty station." (It is possible that an Amtrak passenger could change at Newark for a PATH rapid transit train to Jersey City, then change again for an NJT light rail train to Bayonne, but then having to change again for a taxi or TNC for the remaining 2-1/2 miles to Cape Liberty, a rather complicated trip for Amtrak to be advertising.)

24 minutes ago, Traveling Library said:

The Acela stops only at Newark Penn. Amtrak regional stops at Amtrak Penn and Newark Airport (EWR). Both are taxi or Uber rides to Cape Liberty port. 

You can't get a taxi or Uber from the Newark Airport train station.  No ground transportation is available there. You have to take the AirTrain from the Amtrak station onto the grounds of the airport proper and then take a taxi or Uber from one of the airline terminals. 

For the privilege of having to inconvenience yourself this way you'll pay about $8 more for your Amtrak ticket...the surcharge for the AirTrain. 

That's why you should use Newark Penn Station rather than Newark Airport station...it's more convenient and your train ticket is cheaper. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, njhorseman said:

You have to take the AirTrain from the Amtrak station onto the grounds of the airport proper and then take a taxi or Uber from one of the airline terminals. 

I agree with what you said about going to Newark Penn in this case-- faster/cheaper/all around better option. But if you do go through EWR on Amtrak you can request an Uber from P4 garage station which will save you a ton of time vs going to the Terminal stops and then getting out on the curb.