Onboard Credits cannot exceed $1,500 per booking

suzyed

I was looking at all the booking info for our upcoming cruise and came upon this:  Onboard Credits cannot exceed $1,500 per booking.  
Never saw that before....why would that be the case?  Or are they saying you can't buy more than that?

9 hours ago, suzyed said:

I was looking at all the booking info for our upcoming cruise and came upon this:  Onboard Credits cannot exceed $1,500 per booking.  
Never saw that before....why would that be the case?  Or are they saying you can't buy more than that?

It’s been there for ages.  I believe it means purchasing OBC or adding OBC, like adding GC’s.

I noticed it last year when I was trying to add GC’s for OBC for excursions. Once you use it for excursions, ahead of time, then you could add more GC’s.  But, that’s a whole different story. 😳

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

It’s been there for ages.  I believe it means purchasing OBC or adding OBC, like adding GC’s.

I noticed it last year when I was trying to add GC’s for OBC for excursions. Once you use it for excursions, ahead of time, then you could add more GC’s.  But, that’s a whole different story. 😳

Never saw that!!  
So are you saying that if I purchased Gift Cards on AARP and planned to use them on the ship I won't be able to?

32 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Never saw that!!  
So are you saying that if I purchased Gift Cards on AARP and planned to use them on the ship I won't be able to?

Not sure of your interpretation, of what I said.  😝 

You certainly CAN apply the Princess GC’s that you purchased.  You just go to GS and they will apply them to your OBC, once OB.

Make sure to make a copy of the GC’s to give to GS.  They want a paper copy.

I think the $1500 max is the purchased OBC

on the website.  I don’t know if it includes

any GC’s that you have added to account as OBC…because the agents at PCL did not know how to add them.  It’s a long story, but I gave up and just added them once OB.

If you have a TA/CVP then they can add them for you ahead of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

Never saw that!!  

Once aboard you can add as much as you want; it's just the pre-purchase online that is limited to $1500. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

Once aboard you can add as much as you want; it's just the pre-purchase online that is limited to $1500. 🙂

Thanks.  One more question?  I currently have $1100 in OBC,  so does that mean I can only add $400 pre purchased OBC, pre cruise? Or I can purchase $1500 OBC in addition to what I already have?

Edited by suzyed

If you didn't purchase the $1100, then you can still purchase $1500. If it's from other sources (military, Ta, etc.) then you can purchase on your own. The $1500 limit is only what you can purchase for yourself online.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jwattle said:

If you didn't purchase the $1100, then you can still purchase $1500. If it's from other sources (military, Ta, etc.) then you can purchase on your own. The $1500 limit is only what you can purchase for yourself online.

Gotcha!  Thanks for that info!!  Very helpful!

• Like 1