Luggage storage in Quebec City

royalcedars

We disembark around 8 am and check in at our Airbnb isn't until 4 pm.  Any ideas where we could store our luggage during that time so that we can take a tour and enjoy lunch?  The Airbnb host has been unresponsive to my questions about luggage dropoff.

9 hours ago, royalcedars said:

Any ideas where we could store our luggage during that time so that we can take a tour and enjoy lunch?

Personally I would find a nice hotel near your Airbnb with a nice restaurant and just have them check your bags while you eat and walk around. Assuming your Airbnb isn't directly next to the cruise terminal it would beat having to double back there, especially in light of arriving passengers for the next cruise at that time in the afternoon. 

• 4 months later...

I'm in Quebec City now. The terminal that is mentioned in the link is currently occupied by a boutique cruise ship. We're in the Zuiderdam, and I see no sign of baggage storage here. And this terminal is a mass of confusion.

Tomorrow, when we disembark, I'll probably pay a cab to take us to the other terminal to drop off the bags while we pass 8 hours waiting for our flight.

Try the Gare du Palais. Absent any changes since my last visit, in the bus portion of the railway station there are self-service luggage lockers (towards the back of the station, on the left).

2 hours ago, hughster said:

I'm in Quebec City now. The terminal that is mentioned in the link is currently occupied by a boutique cruise ship. We're in the Zuiderdam, and I see no sign of baggage storage here. And this terminal is a mass of confusion.

Tomorrow, when we disembark, I'll probably pay a cab to take us to the other terminal to drop off the bags while we pass 8 hours waiting for our flight.

Is there any port personnel  in the terminal maybe  they can tell you if there  is baggage storage  at Pier  21

I was wrong. There is, in fact, short-term baggage storage for disembarking passengers at the Quay 30 terminal on the St Charles River, opposite the White Birch Paper mill. $10 per bag.

Caveat: You need to pick your bags back up by 5:00 pm. Which worked perfectly well for us.

The clerk was a very pleasant young woman.

Ron

baggage check.jpg

On 9/1/2023 at 3:07 PM, GTJ said:

Try the Gare du Palais. Absent any changes since my last visit, in the bus portion of the railway station there are self-service luggage lockers (towards the back of the station, on the left).

I was just there today, and there was no luggage storage that I could find either in the VIA Rail station or the bus station.  I asked the clerk selling bus tickets and he said they no longer have luggage lockers at the bus station.

7 minutes ago, sonoma03 said:

I was just there [at the Gare du Palais] today, and there was no luggage storage that I could find either in the VIA Rail station or the bus station. I asked the clerk selling bus tickets and he said they no longer have luggage lockers at the bus station.

That is such a disappointment. ☹️ I had used them on multiple prior travels, and had no reason to believe that the bus part of the station would have decided to rid itself of the lockers. The rail part of the station has not had lockers for ages (if ever).