If your going on a cruise soon ?

kalos

If your going on a cruise soon here's one for you to ponder ?

Mrs K has just shown me a house not to far away from us and on the wall outside their house a post box has been glued to it .

The owners knew nothing about it .

Another woman responding to this has posted ...

"I was telling all my friends online about my upcoming holiday . The same happened to us a post box appeared whilst we were away .

Lucky for us our son called by the house and asked me about our new box ?"    

She goes on to say she knew nothing about it and informed the police and had it taken down . Some of her mail has gone missing .

Not just on here but other sites , take care what you post and where guys .

• Like 6

Happened someone in our street back in 2017, all they got was the junk leaflets, he was a Postie and  arranged to have his post held back until he returned from holiday. The police said at the time there had been similar incidents across the country. He wasn’t on any form of social media, he suspects he was seen packing the car in front of the house. 

• Like 1

But these days, does anything of value get delivered through your letter box  ?

If it happened to us, all the thieves would get after 14 days would be 11 Saga brochures, 2 Hillary Blinds leaflets and a Co-Op leaflet.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

If it happened to us, all the thieves would get after 14 days would be 11 Saga brochures, 2 Hillary Blinds leaflets and a Co-Op leaflet.

Depends , some people still get bank statements ,council tax and the like, which fraudsters 

would use as proof opening things like store card accounts .

Granted we use online and only have to keep them secure but not everyone is like us .

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Depends , some people still get bank statements ,council tax and the like, which fraudsters 

would use as proof opening things like store card accounts .

Granted we use online and only have to keep them secure but not everyone is like us .

Professional fraudsters have far more sophisticated ways of cloning your identity than sticking up a bogus mail box and hoping for the best ! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Professional fraudsters have far more sophisticated ways of cloning your identity than sticking up a bogus mail box and hoping for the best ! 

They sure have Wowzz ,these are opportunists, who S Y police are/were investigating but 

in your case, I think your 10% off Hillarys letters will not be what they are after either.🙃

Reading Snow Hills post ,it is nothing new ,small time crooks .

Edited by kalos

Very strange:

Our "letterbox" is in our front door, not attached to a wall.

We do not publicise the dates when we are going to be away. It's a bit like taking out an ad in the local paper saying that your house will be empty from... to... Our neighbours will push any junk mail through, so it's not left poking out.

We do everything financial online these days and take our computers and phones away with us.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2023 at 2:41 PM, wowzz said:

Only 11?

• Haha 1