Seaside - Free Ice Cream?

ChattTenn

Does Seaside has a free ice cream place?.  On Meraviglia just outside the Marketplace buffet (near the pool) there was a place that having free soft ice cream it was one of the best we ever had.  We will be on Seaside in a few week just want to know.

Thanks 

On 4/19/2023 at 3:03 PM, ChattTenn said:

Does Seaside has a free ice cream place?.  On Meraviglia just outside the Marketplace buffet (near the pool) there was a place that having free soft ice cream it was one of the best we ever had.  We will be on Seaside in a few week just want to know.

Thanks 

When we were on Seaside in 2019, the smaller, second buffet (Biscaye) had a soft serve machine behind the dessert counter.  

• 3 weeks later...

On 4/19/2023 at 3:03 PM, ChattTenn said:

Thanks 

ChattTenn:  Were you able to find any free soft serve? 🙂

Meraviglia had several flavors of soft serve in an area near the pool/outside the buffet for a while in the afternoon. After lunch/before dinner most, but not all days. (This was at the end of March)

SeaShore had Vanilla and Chocolate soft serve in the back area of the buffet where desserts were, not too far from the Sky bar. Again most days and only from about 3-5 in the afternoon. (Back at the end of Oct)

Wondering if SeaScape will do the same thing when we sail in Oct. Hopefully. It's nice to get some ice cream on a hot afternoon on board!

It is worth mentioning again (Seascape)that the gelato is $4 for one scoop and $6 for two scoops. The third soft serve ice cream machine was not working out at the adult only Infinity Pool. The one outside of the Market Place buffet at the Jungle Pool gelato station works and opened at 1pm. One morning at the Long Island pool I saw the soft serve ice cream machines filled and ready to serve (7 am). I inquired. The cones of soft serve are $5, Pina Colada or Strawberry Daiquiri ...Or a blend of both called a "Miami Vice". All non alcoholic. The soft serve ice cream is included in the non-alcoholic and kid's beverage packages. Ice cream sundaes are complimentary for dessert every lunch and dinner in all the MDRs.

Soft Serve ice cream machine is moved out most every afternoon inside the Market Place buffet starboard side Bread Station for complimentary cones 3:30 to 4:30.

On seaside right now. I’ve seen paid gelato but haven’t seen soft serve anywhere. On most cruises they are hard to miss and you see people waking everywhere with those cones. Not here. Not saying there is definitively none, but if there is it’s not obvious. 

6 hours ago, vichastwins said:

On seaside right now. I’ve seen paid gelato but haven’t seen soft serve anywhere. On most cruises they are hard to miss and you see people waking everywhere with those cones. Not here. Not saying there is definitively none, but if there is it’s not obvious. 

If there is still time, this is worthwhile... Seek out the Marketplace restaurant manager and ask him/her about complimentary soft serve when and where...

We traveled a couple of times in a Celebrity Suite on the Equinox and always had a problem with wifi reception in the cabin. Others on CC also had problems in the same cabin. Was asked on next to last day on cruise how was our cruise by the host/butler and we said fine except for the wifi reception. They said they would have it "boosted" and it was fine the last day in the cabin.

On 5/13/2023 at 7:31 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

It is worth mentioning again (Seascape)that the gelato is $4 for one scoop and $6 for two scoops. The third soft serve ice cream machine was not working out at the adult only Infinity Pool. The one outside of the Market Place buffet at the Jungle Pool gelato station works and opened at 1pm. One morning at the Long Island pool I saw the soft serve ice cream machines filled and ready to serve (7 am). I inquired. The cones of soft serve are $5, Pina Colada or Strawberry Daiquiri ...Or a blend of both called a "Miami Vice". All non alcoholic. The soft serve ice cream is included in the non-alcoholic and kid's beverage packages. Ice cream sundaes are complimentary for dessert every lunch and dinner in all the MDRs.

Soft Serve ice cream machine is moved out most every afternoon inside the Market Place buffet starboard side Bread Station for complimentary cones 3:30 to 4:30.

I wish there was a way to downgrade my included Easy Plus package to a non-alcoholic package.  I want ice cream, i have no interest in alcohol. (But my husband would not want that to happen to his package, and thus I'm stuck.)  

Maybe my kids will let me have a bite of theirs; but that might be a hard sell for them.

• Haha 1

For seaside. Free ice cream is at Biscayne Bay - Deck 16 behind the dessert counter. Will be to the right when you go in. There is usually a line (not long) and it's usually only open during lunch hours which is maybe twice during the length of the cruise. From noon to about 430PM. I definitely recommend going a couple of times during that window to get your free ice cream fix.

7 hours ago, skittl1321 said:

I wish there was a way to downgrade my included Easy Plus package to a non-alcoholic package.  I want ice cream, i have no interest in alcohol. (But my husband would not want that to happen to his package, and thus I'm stuck.)  

Maybe my kids will let me have a bite of theirs; but that might be a hard sell for them.

isnt everything from the non alcoholic package included in Easy plus?

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

Free??

Just the Market Place buffet starboard side Bread station from 3:30 to 4:30 is free without any packages. All the other soft serve machines around the ship are a charge OR are included in the adult non-alcoholic package and the Kids drink package.

7 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Just the Market Place buffet starboard side Bread station from 3:30 to 4:30 is free without any packages. All the other soft serve machines around the ship are a charge OR are included in the adult non-alcoholic package and the Kids drink package.

Just questioning the use of the word “free”. 
“Included” I can understand but free? I don’t think so. 

• Thanks 1