$250 administrative fee p/p for cancellation

ohmark

As I understand it, if booking is cancelled during the time this fee applies, the $250 fee is usable by the customer to apply to another booking.

Question for our experts or those with experience doing this:

In addition to using this fee towards a new booking, can this fee be applied to a current booking which has not yet reached final payment?

Thanks in advance.

59 minutes ago, ohmark said:

As I understand it, if booking is cancelled during the time this fee applies, the $250 fee is usable by the customer to apply to another booking.

Question for our experts or those with experience doing this:

In addition to using this fee towards a new booking, can this fee be applied to a current booking which has not yet reached final payment?

Thanks in advance.

The  fee is no longer  applied to another cruise

Your TA  may or may not  be able to work out something to have the Admin fee transfered but  do not count on it now

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

The  fee is no longer  applied to another cruise

Your TA  may or may not  be able to work out something to have the Admin fee transfered but  do not count on it now

Thanks.

Is there some official policy Oceania has posted somewhere or is this an unofficial change?

I notice that the official undated Oceania policy still contains the asterisk for the administrative fee, but does not explain what the asterisk means.

22 minutes ago, ohmark said:

Thanks.

Is there some official policy Oceania has posted somewhere or is this an unofficial change?

I notice that the official undated Oceania policy still contains the asterisk for the administrative fee, but does not explain what the asterisk means.

I think it changed  recently like  the past couple of months  where it is no longer  used to for Future bookings

It was discussed here  someplace  😉

See post 13

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2902417-cancellation-penalty/#comment-64527221

39 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I'm pretty sure they no longer give you a credit for the $250 administrative fee.

See this link: 

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005306234-What-is-your-cancellation-and-refund-policy-

Thanks for replying, Mark.

I looked at the link you provided, but it still contains the asterisk for the administrative fee, and does not say that O no longer allows the credit for the administrative fee.  (I say asterisk, but it looks like a "+".)

2 minutes ago, ohmark said:

Thanks for replying, Mark.

I looked at the link you provided, but it still contains the asterisk for the administrative fee, and does not say that O no longer allows the credit for the administrative fee.  (I say asterisk, but it looks like a "+".)

There used to be a footnote  for  the +  & it no longer  has anything

Like many things Oceania  they make changes to policies   but do not send out  a passenger wide notice 🙂

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

There used to be a footnote  for  the +  & it no longer  has anything

Like many things Oceania  they make changes to policies   but do not send out  a passenger wide notice 🙂

True, and they probably prefer to deal with the situation on an individual basis.

B/T/W, I looked at the post you linked to earlier, and it does say what you say. But it cites no Oceania, cruise agent, or other source for the information.

2 minutes ago, ohmark said:

True, and they probably prefer to deal with the situation on an individual basis.

B/T/W, I looked at the post you linked to earlier, and it does say what you say. But it cites no Oceania, cruise agent, or other source for the information.

You can trust the source of the post  😉

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, LHT28 said:

You can trust the source of the post  😉

My TA told me the new policy took effect as of July 1, 2022. We had to cancel after penalty and was hoping we could apply it to the new cruise we booked. Nope.

It never hurts to ask.  We cancelled a cruise earlier this year and our TA was able to convert the admin fee into an FCC.  We have 5 cruises under our belt and we missed the cutoff by 2 or 3 days, both of which may have  helped.