Refund

KevintheIrishDJ

We cancelled a Dec. 23 cruise in Jan. Still no refund. TA can't get thru to Azamara. After numerous attempts to contact Azamara directly, I finally got a call back. She will have to send it to a supervisor. Can't give me a time frame, can't give me a confirmation # for the call, can't send me an email confirming the conversation. Unfortunately, we have another cruise booked later this year.

4 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

We cancelled a Dec. 23 cruise in Jan. Still no refund. TA can't get thru to Azamara. After numerous attempts to contact Azamara directly, I finally got a call back. She will have to send it to a supervisor. Can't give me a time frame, can't give me a confirmation # for the call, can't send me an email confirming the conversation. Unfortunately, we have another cruise booked later this year.

Your TA needs to contact their BDM.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

What is BDM?

Your TA should be aware

you say on another thread here you’ve paid 5000.00 towards this cruise; why so much more than the deposit?

Edited by laurieb

12 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

It was a from a cruise cancelled during Covid.

So, did you rebook a cruise that was canceled due to Covid for December 23 but then canceled it in January and you’re trying to get it refunded?

I presume this would have been done under “Lift & Shift” which had different t&c’s in different markets and there were cut off dates that changed as the pandemic progressed. So it would be a complicated situation at the best of times but given the current situation regarding the system migration it would take some time to check and resolve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Correct. What is wrong with this?

As I recall, if you chose to lift and shift and get the bonus allowance on a new cruise instead of taking a refund at that time, you were pretty much locked in to the cruise you chose to take instead of the refund.  I assume that both you and your TA have the paperwork from the lift and shift with all the terms and conditions.

• Like 1

After waiting for 2 weeks, this isn't something I made up:
"Good afternoon, Kevin.
Due to the migration into our new systems, we are just now seeing your message; please accept our apologies for any frustration or inconvenience this may have caused. While we hope you were able to reach out to one of our agents via phone to get your initial inquiry resolved, we still wished to verify if all has been taken care of or if there's anything we can still assist with.
Kind regards,
Azamara Customer Service"