Queens arrivals

Millieloulou

7 hours ago, sogne said:

Which cruise ship can do 31/35kn?

QM2 is an ocean liner, not a cruise ship. She can do just over 30 knots.

I have sailed on her, Sydney to Hong Kong, nothing else like her, a superb vessel.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

@safarigal YEAH!! It certainly was a noisy race. Your video is almost 4 minutes long. How long did the race actually last? I love the chearing. I wonder if someone on the QV will post a video so we can hear what was happening there.

Edited by techteach
edit

1 hour ago, safarigal said:

Not great I fear - problems with using a cell phone and not my trusty video camera. Queen Mary 2 was amazing, Queen Victoria not quite as good, but she was further away!

Thanks for the video!  My dog and I board QM2 on April 30 and we are so eager to enjoy the crossing.

Your video reminded me of one of my trips on the Star Clipper, where we raced sister ship Star Flyer.  Being true sailing ships, that put us on a sharp heel and oh, how exciting!  Being a boater I found it exhilarating, while some passengers literally lost their lunch.  Also if I remember correctly, the ships were captained by brothers!  

Edited by DebbyDiver

Hello,

Both 'off topic' and 'off cruise-line' but nevertheless similar and entertaining:

Independence is saying 'get off my berth', Eclipse replies with 'in my own time'.

It was much louder onboard the Independence too.

I felt sorry for any townies trying to get some shut-eye!

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
additional

2 hours ago, techteach said:

@safarigal YEAH!! It certainly was a noisy race. Your video is almost 4 minutes long. How long did the race actually last? I love the chearing. I wonder if someone on the QV will post a video so we can hear what was happening there.

It took us about 8 minutes to overtake them - but it was so great to be so close and we had a great time waving away!

• Like 2

Thanks for the outstanding video safarigirl.

As a great fan of ships horns I hope to witness something like this returning to Southampton 1st of September on QV as QM2 also arrives back on the same day.

I always look forward to the Noon test of the horns sea days on QM2.

Does QV do this as well?