Contacting Cruise Connect/Intercruise to book.

FangedRose

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Found this old thread from over 12 months ago.

This week I have tried for 2 full days to contact them to book 3 coach transfers...2 with P& O ...1 with Cunard....Arrgghhh is all I can say. Phone is answered with an automated voice...barely audible...then it transfers to the most annoying music...after 10 minutes it cuts off and line is dead so you have to re dial. After 2 days I am losing the will to be bothered.:( 

I am amazed that P&O & Cunard deal with this company after having problems for over 12 months.

I am seriously considering changing to OBC  &  booking direct with the alternative coach transfer company.

Is anyone else having problems and over the last 12 months did everyone receive their coach travel voucher/ document ?

33 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Found this old thread from over 12 months ago.

This week I have tried for 2 full days to contact them to book 3 coach transfers...2 with P& O ...1 with Cunard....Arrgghhh is all I can say. Phone is answered with an automated voice...barely audible...then it transfers to the most annoying music...after 10 minutes it cuts off and line is dead so you have to re dial. After 2 days I am losing the will to be bothered.:( 

I am amazed that P&O & Cunard deal with this company after having problems for over 12 months.

I am seriously considering changing to OBC  &  booking direct with the alternative coach transfer company.

Is anyone else having problems and over the last 12 months did everyone receive their coach travel voucher/ document ?

We booked online for our upcoming cruise, we received a receipt and told that we would be contacted 3 weeks before the cruise with pickup times etc.

My experience with Intercruise were very positive. I rang Intercruise last month, late one afternoon, to book a future cruise for two couples, had no issues at all. Phone was answered almost straight away, the agent took the bookings and both parties got confirmation emails within minutes of the call ending.

4 minutes ago, AlexMcSpot said:

My experience with Intercruise were very positive. I rang Intercruise last month, late one afternoon, to book a future cruise for two couples, had no issues at all. Phone was answered almost straight away, the agent took the bookings and both parties got confirmation emails within minutes of the call ending.

Can you please tell me the phone number that you used...I am using the number that the cruise agent gave me 

3 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Can you please tell me the phone number that you used...I am using the number that the cruise agent gave me 

0344 338 8690 at 15:41 on a Wednesday afternoon. According to my call log the call lasted 6 mins and 4 seconds.

6 minutes ago, AlexMcSpot said:

0344 338 8690 at 15:41 on a Wednesday afternoon. According to my call log the call lasted 6 mins and 4 seconds.

Yes that is the one I have been using for more or less 2 full days....continually as it cuts off after 10 mins

I can only tell you what my experiences have been. I have checked back for a booking I made back in January was answered and dealt with in 7 minutes. It must be my good looks.

20 minutes ago, AlexMcSpot said:

I can only tell you what my experiences have been. I have checked back for a booking I made back in January was answered and dealt with in 7 minutes. It must be my good looks.

Thank you for replying....I will just have to keep trying but after 2 days you lose the will to be bothered. Sounds like they are having problems with their phone lines

18 minutes ago, TigerB said:

@janny444, see this thread...

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/3015938-cruise-connect-a-positive-booking-experience-in-the-end/#comment-67578772

My suggestion would be to either email them or wait until late in the day to call them.

Good luck.🤞🏻

Both times I called them it was late afternoon, just before 4 o'clock on both occasions.

Another fruitless morning on the phone listening to dodgy jazz music...only update is that phone now cuts off after 5 minutes so plenty of redialling done this morning !

6 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

We booked online for our upcoming cruise, we received a receipt and told that we would be contacted 3 weeks before the cruise with pickup times etc.

You can't book online for complementary travel.

1 hour ago, janny444 said:

SUCCESS !!!.....after 2 & half days of persevering .....especially with the music....phone finally answered and all 3 coach transfers booked .....phew 

You may have been two and a half days trying to get through, but that's probably nothing compared to the length of time it's going to take you to get rid of that awful jazzy earworm! 😂

• Haha 2

Any tips for getting through on the phone to Intercruises? I've been trying for a week and as soon as I dial, I get the message "Call ended". I'm using the number given to me by P&O. I also tried emailing, but no reply yet. Blooming nuisance keep having to try to get an answer.

Mmmm...no tips...just perseverance.  It took me 2 & half days continuous phoning get through...phone was answered automatically then put on hold listening to awful " music" then after 10 minutes phone disconnected....arrrggghhh. When it was finally answered I was 😲 I did ask her if she was the only one who was taking the calls..." oh no there are quite a few of us but it is busy " was her answer...so keep trying and good luck 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 7:44 PM, FangedRose said:

Got my Travel Voucher 😁.

As I guessed pick up is 5am, and predicted arrival is 1.15pm.

You are lucky. Our coaches pick up in Leeds at 9.45 and have been told that they will be turned away if they arrive before 3.30.On our last 3 cruises we have always been amongst the last to board around 4pm.

1 hour ago, Funboy said:

You are lucky. Our coaches pick up in Leeds at 9.45 and have been told that they will be turned away if they arrive before 3.30.On our last 3 cruises we have always been amongst the last to board around 4pm.

Doesn't feel lucky at 4.30am!

On 7/17/2024 at 4:03 PM, FangedRose said:

Doesn't feel lucky at 4.30am!

But it will feel lucky if you board at 1.30ish and you can book all sorts on board. We don't get on until around 4pm and not much left!

13 minutes ago, Funboy said:

But it will feel lucky if you board at 1.30ish and you can book all sorts on board. We don't get on until around 4pm and not much left!

Don't need to book anything.on board

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

If on the big beasts you may want to book the Olive Grove and some of the speciality restaurants.

.Only the big ships have coaches arriving at 3pm. All others coaches arrival time is between 1pm and 2pm. Nor is it necessary to book stuff. The trouble is the big ships, not the coach.

Edited by FangedRose