Florist Onboard Regatta?

Robroy

19 minutes ago, cruisr said:

Hi Terri.  How did you receive refundable shipboard credit? I have friends cruising on their anniversary and when the TA called Oceania to ask if they didn’t use all the SBC that I want to send them would they be able to receive a refund.  She was told, No.  She was told they have to use it or they lose it. So just curious how it worked for you that you had refundable SBC.  

My TA gave us shipboard credit. From what I understand they they buy it. Therefore it is refundable. The shipboard credit you get from O Life or from Stock is not refundable.  But if your TA buys SBC for you it is refundable.  If they told her something different, they are wrong.

Terri

• Like 2

My TA has given us OBC but makes it clear it is Non Refundable 

Make sure you clarify  the source of the OBC & if is truly REFUNDABLE  sometimes it is  a pass through from the cruise line

We have had REFUNDABLE  OBC  that we did not spend & we got  cash  on the last full day of the cruise  from reception

The phone the cabin to tell us to collect it before  the evening

2 hours ago, cruisr said:

Hi Terri.  How did you receive refundable shipboard credit? I have friends cruising on their anniversary and when the TA called Oceania to ask if they didn’t use all the SBC that I want to send them would they be able to receive a refund.  She was told, No.  She was told they have to use it or they lose it. So just curious how it worked for you that you had refundable SBC.  

Here's the relevant FAQ:

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009515654-Can-I-receive-a-refund-if-I-don-t-use-my-shipboard-credit-

3 hours ago, cruisr said:

That is from 2018 and was advised it is no longer accurate.

Other FAQs were updated in January 2023. It is on the website so they should honor it or change/delete the FAQ. This is where I get pushy since there is nothing in writing elsewhere (or if there is, I would ask for the document). Try a different O-contact and you may get a different answer.

• Like 2

That is what really annoys me with many res centers these days.  Ask 3 reps and get 3 different answers.  In those case the answers were all the same and the answer was No.  Called earlier today and told if it is an OBC not part of a promotion or from a travel agency consortium or Amex Platinum you can get it back and its on a “case by case” basis at the discretion of the pursers office/reception.

14 minutes ago, cruisr said:

That is what really annoys me with many res centers these days.  Ask 3 reps and get 3 different answers.  In those case the answers were all the same and the answer was No.  Called earlier today and told if it is an OBC not part of a promotion or from a travel agency consortium or Amex Platinum you can get it back and its on a “case by case” basis at the discretion of the pursers office/reception.

Also NCL shareholder OBC is non-refundable

22 minutes ago, cruisr said:

Maybe just give them  cash in  a nice Bon Voyage card  😃

A gift card to their favourite restaurant  or store  near them

A lot less stressful

• Like 1