Specialty Restaurant Refund

shopping is fun

We had pre-booked a specialty restaurant before our cruise on Discovery in January. We then cancelled our reservation on board. Since then, we have had quite a run-around trying to obtain our refund--multiple calls, emails, completion of an online form, etc. Each time they assure us our refund is coming within various timeframes ranging from 10 days to 3-4 weeks, (yet say they have no previous record of us contacting them, even though we have confirmation emails related to our claim/request)! Today, we called again (general Princess number), with no success and very long hold times. Finally, we selected the prompt to book a new cruise, and they answered right away. The rep said he saw no record of all of our previous requests, but he would pass it along and it would be 6-10 weeks for our refund by check. We said that delay was unacceptable, so he gave us a number for the "Refund Department" that was not a working number. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for resolution?

29 minutes ago, shopping is fun said:

We had pre-booked a specialty restaurant before our cruise on Discovery in January. We then cancelled our reservation on board. Since then, we have had quite a run-around trying to obtain our refund--multiple calls, emails, completion of an online form, etc. Each time they assure us our refund is coming within various timeframes ranging from 10 days to 3-4 weeks, (yet say they have no previous record of us contacting them, even though we have confirmation emails related to our claim/request)! Today, we called again (general Princess number), with no success and very long hold times. Finally, we selected the prompt to book a new cruise, and they answered right away. The rep said he saw no record of all of our previous requests, but he would pass it along and it would be 6-10 weeks for our refund by check. We said that delay was unacceptable, so he gave us a number for the "Refund Department" that was not a working number. 

I am sorry that has happened to you, crazy.  That is worrying.  I was planning to do that for a speciality restaurant.

Edited by majmaj4

You might want to try a (politely) worded inquiry/request to:

Email Contacts

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Princess Cruises Executive Contacts

Primary Contact
Collin Steinke
Director, Customer Relations
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
csteinke@princesscruises.com

Secondary Contact
Lorna Warren
Vice President Guest Services
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
lwarren@princesscruises.com

Chief Executive
John Padgett
President
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
jpadgett@princess.com

Also, try padgett@HAGroup.com

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Chief Executive
John Padgett
President
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
jpadgett@princesscruises.com

Thrak, you need to correct JP's email address.  And I suspect his HA Group one - if exists - is missing the "J".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Email Contacts

Primary Contact
Collin Steinke
Director, Customer Relations
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
csteinke@princesscruises.com

Secondary Contact
Lorna Warren
Vice President Guest Services
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
lwarren@princesscruises.com

Chief Executive
John Padgett
President
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
jpadgett@princess.com

I sent an email to Lorna Warren about a problem we could not get resolved. I was contacted by someone in her office 2 days later. The problem was solved immediately and they apologized for the incompetence of the people answering calls.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shopping is fun said:

I was under impression that if you cancelled something like a SD res on-board, they posted refund as Refundable OBC to the cabin account.  Wouldn't expect refund to form of payment, nor have to expect a check.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I was under impression that if you cancelled something like a SD res on-board, they posted refund as Refundable OBC to the cabin account.  Wouldn't expect refund to form of payment, nor have to expect a check.

I booked SD and later cancelled to book a different restaurant and received a credit back to my credit card a couple days later. I also booked 2 thermal suite passes and then later cancelled after upgrading to a suite which includes complimentary passes. Those charges were also refunded to my card within a couple days. 

On 4/21/2023 at 2:07 PM, Steelers36 said:

They charged our credit card, and there was no mention of OBC upon our cancelling the reservation. I agree a check seems very odd.

7 hours ago, MTNest93 said:

I booked SD and later cancelled to book a different restaurant and received a credit back to my credit card a couple days later. I also booked 2 thermal suite passes and then later cancelled after upgrading to a suite which includes complimentary passes. Those charges were also refunded to my card within a couple days. 

Those were PRE-cruise and I was commenting on cancelling something on board.  

18 minutes ago, shopping is fun said:

They charged our credit card, and there was no mention of OBC upon our cancelling the reservation. I agree a check seems very odd.

If you cancel a service on board, and it is a refundable service (for example, there are time limits for cancelling an excursion), then you are entitled to a refund.  It goes to your on board account.

4 hours ago, shopping is fun said:

Deal with your credit card company and have them reverse the charges.

On 4/21/2023 at 10:16 AM, Thrak said:

Email Contacts

Do you think any of these executives read and/or respond to any emails received from disgruntled customers?

On 4/21/2023 at 11:37 AM, shopping is fun said:

We had pre-booked a specialty restaurant before our cruise on Discovery in January. We then cancelled our reservation on board. Since then, we have had quite a run-around trying to obtain our refund--multiple calls, emails, completion of an online form, etc.

What Steelers36 said is the way it is supposed to work.

Did you ask about the refund while still on board the ship?

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

If you cancel a service on board, and it is a refundable service (for example, there are time limits for cancelling an excursion), then you are entitled to a refund.  It goes to your on board account.

9 hours ago, caribill said:

What Steelers36 said is the way it is supposed to work.

Did you ask about the refund while still on board the ship?

They told us it would be back to the original form of payment, since we made the reservation pre-cruise.

51 minutes ago, shopping is fun said:

They told us it would be back to the original form of payment, since we made the reservation pre-cruise.

Not what they should have said.

Just like a shore excursion paid for pre-cruise, if it is cancelled when on board the money gets posted as OBC.

No wonder you are having such a hard time getting your money back. HQ probably thinks it was refunded while on board.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same issues with a bunch of cancellation refunds.  I got some things refunded to my card almost instantly back in early January, but $2500 worth of excursions and enclave bookings never showed up. After months of pointless phone calls, I emailed the head of customer services and got a phone call the next day which made me optimistic but alas, still nothing.  Finally I went to my credit card company in early April and two of the three refunds came through within a fortnight.  The third refund never arrived but Mastercard has credited my account which is almost as good.  From all of this I have learned to take screen shots of my trip personaliser showing the things I have prepaid before making any changes to my cruise so I have proof other than just my credit card statement (which shows the amount but not what it was for) AND from now on, if the refund is not showing up within a week, I will assume the Princess system has broken and go directly to my credit card company for help.  I will also think twice before cancelling and rebooking a cruise if I have prepaid for things.