Princess Cruises FCD Future Cruise Deposit

Songchiesmum

It was my understanding of many cruises I booked pre pandemic that no matter the amount of deposit required to hold my cruise, just the application of one $100 FCD was all that was needed.

I just had a lengthy exchange on Princess “CHAT” to apply my last remaining FCD to a cruise that I had put on hold (last night online) without deposit until April 23rd.  He did that for me but then said I needed another $100 by April 23rd or the cruise would be cancelled.

is this something new or am I remembering it all wrong?

1 hour ago, Songchiesmum said:

It was my understanding of many cruises I booked pre pandemic that no matter the amount of deposit required to hold my cruise, just the application of one $100 FCD was all that was needed.

I just had a lengthy exchange on Princess “CHAT” to apply my last remaining FCD to a cruise that I had put on hold (last night online) without deposit until April 23rd.  He did that for me but then said I needed another $100 by April 23rd or the cruise would be cancelled.

is this something new or am I remembering it all wrong?

@Songchiesmum

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum. It is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. However, your thread is off topic there since your topic concerns specific cruise line.

To help you out, your new topic regarding Princess has been moved to the Princess Cruises forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed Princess provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

Happy sails,

Host Kat

The amount of FCD needed for a couple sailing has been covered, but if you meant to say, "Where did my $100 go?" Then this:

As I read your post. You bought these FCDs pre-COVID. So any FCD you bought would be more than two years old. That's was the limit on those things (now one year,) BUT, then they were extended. We received contact about this and had a bunch of OBC on our first cruise after restart.

Bottom line is, log in and check the My Account section on Princess website. I hope you find that your $100 FCD was converted to FCC/OBC.

Edited by mtnesterz