Transfer Reservation from One TA to Another TA

Los_Pepes

9 minutes ago, Los_Pepes said:

Without going into detail as to why I am asking this, but is it possible to transfer a booking made through one travel agent to another? Deposit has been paid and final payment is 8 months out.

Thanks

Typically, yes.  But you have to ask the first TA to release the reservation.  Sometimes that comes with a cost.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

I think there might be a relatively short time limit from the original deposit date for some cruise lines.  And I wasn't aware of requiring the first agent's permission, but that may vary from line to line also.

GC

I know that some cruise lines require a reservation made directly with them have a time limit for moving that reservation to a TA, but I believe changing TAs isn't limited.

The  2nd TA would have to take the booking over  for free  unless they charge you some fee  to cover their lost commission I cannot see them being happy with that deal

I would either cancel the current booking  & rebook with a new agent  or  Next time  just book with another agent

JMO

36 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

The  2nd TA would have to take the booking over  for free  unless they charge you some fee  to cover their lost commission I cannot see them being happy with that deal

I would either cancel the current booking  & rebook with a new agent  or  Next time  just book with another agent

JMO

No, the second TA wouldn't have to take the booking over for free, and in fact the reason the first TA has to agree to release the booking is because the second TA would be the one who gets the commission. As has already been mentioned the first TA might only agree to release the booking if you compensate them for agreeing to do so.

However since in this case final payment is eight months out the best course of action is likely to cancel the first booking and then rebook with the other TA. There can be some complications with this. Some cruise lines might charge a cancellation fee in certain circumstances even before final payment due date and certain travel agencies impose their own cancellation fee.

On 4/21/2023 at 7:30 PM, Los_Pepes said:

Without going into detail as to why I am asking this, but is it possible to transfer a booking made through one travel agent to another? Deposit has been paid and final payment is 8 months out.

Thanks

Another move, if the original booking was made within the past 60 days, might be to call the cruise line and tell them you want to move the booking directly to them. The only problem here is that they will probably contact the TA.  If it goes back to the cruise line, then after that, again depending on the time, you could transfer it to a TA.

We asked another line to take a booking from the TA and move it directly to them from the TA, and the next day I got a call from a "senior" agent with years of experience at the same TA. Since then I've gotten the proper attention.

• Like 1