Do royal up bids always get canceled when guarantee rooms are assigned?

Ideb

I've read that Royal up bids get canceled and you have to place bids again once cabin is assigned but mine was assigned today (30 days out) and my bids still show submitted. Will they get canceled in the next few days?

5 minutes ago, Ideb said:

I've read that Royal up bids get canceled and you have to place bids again once cabin is assigned but mine was assigned today (30 days out) and my bids still show submitted. Will they get canceled in the next few days?

Did you get the category of cabin you booked?  If so, it should not affect the RoyalUp process.

No. I have a back to back in May. Both were booked as guarantees, had cabins assigned and I still won RoyalUps on both a few days later. Having a room assignment doesn’t affect your bids at all. 

Edited by RosieRoo

7 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

No. I have a back to back in May. Both were booked as guarantees, had cabins assigned and I still won RoyalUps on both a few days later. Having a room assignment doesn’t affect your bids at all. 

Hi - sorry to change the subject but I am interested in bidding on an upcoming cruise (Enchantment May29th). There seem to be a good few cabins still available.  Any tips, did you book in the "adequate" range?

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Ideb said:

Definitely not - we have had a guarantee cabin assigned and luggage tags issued, then won the Royal Up afterward and tags reissued.  it can be very last minute!

Thanks for all the replies. Of course, I'm checking the Royal up bid page often anyway but I didn't want it to suddenly get canceled and I not realize it until too late. It sounds like it doesn't always get canceled once rooms are assigned.

1 hour ago, Brehede said:

Hi - sorry to change the subject but I am interested in bidding on an upcoming cruise (Enchantment May29th). There seem to be a good few cabins still available.  Any tips, did you book in the "adequate" range?

Thanks!

I'm afraid I'm not much help. My cruise has shown sold out for a while so I'm not expecting to hear anything at least until the last minute if there are cancelations. Also, even the minimum bids were quite high according to what I've read so I didn't quite get into the adequate range even though my bids were pretty high.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ideb said:

I'm afraid I'm not much help. My cruise has shown sold out for a while so I'm not expecting to hear anything at least until the last minute if there are cancelations. Also, even the minimum bids were quite high according to what I've read so I didn't quite get into the adequate range even though my bids were pretty high.

One of mine was showing sold out as well so I wasn’t expecting anything, but one of my bids went to pending and the rest went to expired. Then I got the upgrade a day later.

Another slight change. If your bid is not selected, does it ever show up as anything other than submitted prior to the cruise? We're 21 days out, have 2 bids submitted, just curious if we'll see a no-go or it'll just sit until the cruise. 

3 hours ago, Brehede said:

Thanks!

I’m sorry I don’t remember exactly, but I think my first bid was in the upper area of fair. I had booked that one at a really good price so I was able to bid a little higher. The second one was on the low end of fair, because it was a short cruise. I’ve bid on several sailings, but this is the first time I have won. Most people say you hear the week before sailing, but I was notified thirty days prior to sailing. 

2 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

Another slight change. If your bid is not selected, does it ever show up as anything other than submitted prior to the cruise? We're 21 days out, have 2 bids submitted, just curious if we'll see a no-go or it'll just sit until the cruise. 

In my experience bidding several times, it has always shown as submitted or expired sometimes even after we boarded. This is the first time one of mine has gone to pending and the rest to expired.