Celebrity equinox Main Dining Room Question

T1403

First time Cruiser Question.  From reading this forum my understanding is that my wife and I will be seated with other cruisers for dinner in the main dining room.  Will we be sitting at the same table for lunch in the the main dining room with the same cruisers?  If so, Is it possible by speaking with the maître d’ to have lunch with the  same cruisers but have a table for two for dinner?  Thanks to all who respond.

If you have fixed dining (early or late), for dinner you will sit with the same people.  You can ask for a table of two for dinner.  If that is what you would like, I suggest stopping in there once you board as there usually are staff there answering questions and making reservations for those with anytime dining.

Lunch is anytime dining for everyone so the chances of sitting with the same people are slim to none unless you walk in with those people on any given day.   We don't usually end up needing to share a table at lunch because not as many people eat lunch in the main dining room.  I think the majority of people are looking for something quicker like the buffet.

Did you book early or late dinner seating or Select.

Early or late you will be at the same table at the same time with the same wait staff.  If you booked Select dining you can go at anytime and choose to sit with others or request a table for 2. 

3 hours ago, T1403 said:

First time Cruiser Question.  From reading this forum my understanding is that my wife and I will be seated with other cruisers for dinner in the main dining room.  Will we be sitting at the same table for lunch in the the main dining room with the same cruisers?  If so, Is it possible by speaking with the maître d’ to have lunch with the  same cruisers but have a table for two for dinner?  Thanks to all who respond.

Also the MDR is only open for lunch on sea days. Speak with the maître d’ (will be outside the MDR handling dining request) when you first board the ship and request a table for two for the evening.

5 minutes ago, punkinbits92 said:

Celebrity newbie here.  We have anytime dining.  Do we have to make reservations or can we show up anytime?  Right now only 8:30 and on is available for booking.

You can just show up and wait for the next open table.  They leave a lot open for walk-ups.  As an alternative, as soon as you board you can also go to the dining room and see if they have any earlier reservations.

• Like 1

If you want a table for 2 see the maitre d in the main dining room asap when you board.

We thought we had a fixed reservation for 2 at 6 pm and found out we had been assigned to a larger table after checking with the maitre d on embarkation day. 
Thankfully, they were able to accommodate our original request.