MSC Drink package questions

Lilystar

Hi everyone, I’m planning to sail on the Seashore in the fall this year with my husband and this will be our first time on MSC. I have a couple beverage plan questions.

I know the rule is you must purchase the same plan for everyone in your room. However, I can’t and don’t drink alcohol but my husband does. On other cruise lines I’ve been able to call them and purchase an N/A package for me and a package that includes alcohol for my husband, is that a thing on MSC or are they extremely strict with this rule?

My second question is I’ve been reading that they don’t allow you to pay the difference if ordering a drink above the max cost of a drink in your package, but that was earlier this year. I have read that this either is, or has changed and they’re now allowing this. Can anyone shed more light on this that has experience recently? 

Thanks everyone!

12 hours ago, Lilystar said:

Hi everyone, I’m planning to sail on the Seashore in the fall this year with my husband and this will be our first time on MSC. I have a couple beverage plan questions.

I know the rule is you must purchase the same plan for everyone in your room. However, I can’t and don’t drink alcohol but my husband does. On other cruise lines I’ve been able to call them and purchase an N/A package for me and a package that includes alcohol for my husband, is that a thing on MSC or are they extremely strict with this rule?

My second question is I’ve been reading that they don’t allow you to pay the difference if ordering a drink above the max cost of a drink in your package, but that was earlier this year. I have read that this either is, or has changed and they’re now allowing this. Can anyone shed more light on this that has experience recently? 

Thanks everyone!

I can't answer your first question, but I can answer your second. As of a few weeks ago, you are now only required to pay the difference on drinks outside your package. I am onboard with he Meraviglia now for my second sailing in a row and can confirm it firsthand.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Here is a screenshot of the current language about only paying the difference onboard right now:

Screenshot_20230424-103610.png

Thank you. What an extremely weird and complicated way to say you only pay the difference. 😂

10 hours ago, Lilystar said:

Thank you. What an extremely weird and complicated way to say you only pay the difference. 😂

I'm a simple sort of guy, and none of it seems complicated to me. It's perfectly clear!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hamrag said:

I'm a simple sort of guy, and none of it seems complicated to me. It's perfectly clear!

I have to agree. When you think about it, if prices change or plans change, they only need to change the numbers. Far less chance of a translation or composition error for our friends in MSC IT. 😀

Edited by kelleherdl

1 hour ago, kelleherdl said:

I have to agree. When you think about it, if prices change or plans change, they only need to change the numbers. Far less chance of a translation or composition error for our friends in MSC IT. 😀

You may have seen a post or two from me, at the time this change was first rumoured, believing there was no way they were about to do such. I guess after taking away the Premium+ option they recognised virtually no-one was upscaling their drinks. There may be one or two now that tempt me, we''ll find out all being well in November.

For the first time since 2019 our next cruise is not MSC YC....we are sailing a 7 night Croatia intensive itinerary in and around the Adriatic Sea early May with Azamara. Good to hear from you, trust you are both well.