My thoughts and photos on our SeaDream holiday

thetravelsofmrsb

I really cant believe it has been over 6 weeks since we finished our SeaDream voyage. The years you spend counting down go a lot faster than the week you spend onboard that is for sure!

As I always do when we have been on holiday I have written a blog post with my thoughts and photos of SeaDream, I will also be sharing a post on our itinerary and also on the food (my favourite part!) so I will remember to share those with anyone who would like to read them.

I hope you enjoy reading and having a glimpse at what was a truly magical week on SeaDream 1.

https://thetravelsofmrsb.com/2023/04/26/sailing-on-seadream/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hi Knothead.  You know, it's been a while for both of us on SeaDream.  They have changed the secret password since we sailed and in order to board again we have to take a 200 question exam proctored by Trapper Zimmy.  Still have pals who sail regularly so maybe I can get some tutoring....🍸

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TrapperZimmy said:

Hi, Jim. I will make a special accommodation for you and Lois to join us onboard anytime in the next ten days. We are between Bermuda and Lisbon, but we can slow down for you. 

Keep an eye on the sky.  You never know who will drop in....  Is Mr. Hum onboard your crossing?🥃

11 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Hi Knothead.  You know, it's been a while for both of us on SeaDream.  They have changed the secret password since we sailed and in order to board again we have to take a 200 question exam proctored by Trapper Zimmy.  Still have pals who sail regularly so maybe I can get some tutoring....🍸

Alas, I am about to cheat on SeaDream again.  Gonna take my first Regent cruise in June.  The ship is absolutely beautiful, but I can't help but think that I'm going to miss SeaDream's small ship vibe... and the piano bar, which is my FAVORITE part of a SeaDream cruise.  😉

But we did a champagne bucket drawing and Regent was going to the winning location (Finland)... it didn't hurt that they had a very attractive fare, that is even more attractive this week.  Wish I'd waited to book.

I am determined to get back on SeaDream, though, check out the new decor and toiletries, and get some more schwag.  I still use the leather wallet they gave me in 2013 to carry my credit cards!  I like the updated look of the PJs, too.  

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 6:35 PM, thetravelsofmrsb said:

I really cant believe it has been over 6 weeks since we finished our SeaDream voyage. The years you spend counting down go a lot faster than the week you spend onboard that is for sure!

As I always do when we have been on holiday I have written a blog post with my thoughts and photos of SeaDream, I will also be sharing a post on our itinerary and also on the food (my favourite part!) so I will remember to share those with anyone who would like to read them.

I hope you enjoy reading and having a glimpse at what was a truly magical week on SeaDream 1.

On 4/26/2023 at 6:35 PM, thetravelsofmrsb said:

Thanks for your great review! We are hoping to book Seadream 1 in the Med in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 6:39 AM, knotheadusc said:

Alas, I am about to cheat on SeaDream again.  Gonna take my first Regent cruise in June.  The ship is absolutely beautiful, but I can't help but think that I'm going to miss SeaDream's small ship vibe... and the piano bar, which is my FAVORITE part of a SeaDream cruise.  😉

But we did a champagne bucket drawing and Regent was going to the winning location (Finland)... it didn't hurt that they had a very attractive fare, that is even more attractive this week.  Wish I'd waited to book.

I am determined to get back on SeaDream, though, check out the new decor and toiletries, and get some more schwag.  I still use the leather wallet they gave me in 2013 to carry my credit cards!  I like the updated look of the PJs, too.  

Knotty we met on SD many moons ago and we are doing our first RSSC cruise in June too! You're not on the June 23 sailing from Stockholm are you by chance?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tall Lad said:

Knotty we met on SD many moons ago and we are doing our first RSSC cruise in June too! You're not on the June 23 sailing from Stockholm are you by chance?

Bwahahaha!  Yes, we are!  😄

4 minutes ago, knotheadusc said:

Bwahahaha!  Yes, we are!  😄

That is incredible. What are the odds on this happening? Look forward to seeing you. It was the 2011 Caribbean cruise that we first met you and Bill. I can't quite believe this.

• Like 1

Just now, Tall Lad said:

That is incredible. What are the odds on this happening? Look forward to seeing you. It was the 2011 Caribbean cruise that we first met you and Bill. I can't quite believe this.

I was just telling Bill the same thing!  Imagine meeting someone on a small cruise ship in the southern Caribbean in 2011, and then running into them again on a different line in the Baltics, 12 years later!  What are the odds? 

Our last few cruises have been with Hebridean Island Cruises, mainly because of logistics and they were going to interesting places we had never been.  I hadn’t been planning to do a cruise at all for this trip, either, but it just worked out perfectly.  Regent is going to be shocking for us after SeaDream and Hebridean.  Such a big ship!

Looking forward to seeing you, too!  I am sure we’ll be observing the differences of both experiences.

• 4 months later...

I think our last Seadream trip was in 2012. It was magnificent. Over the time since we have cruised on Celebrity, Holland, Regent, Oceania, and Royal Caribbean. The last few trips have been a let down. I think it's time to come home to Seadream. And especially after reading your report. It sounds like it is exactly as we found it then!

Thanks for the reminder!!

art

It won't be exactly the same.  All the staterooms have been redecorated and significantly improved.  Electrical outlets and USB ports by the bed, for instance.  More storage space, too. Two whirlpools in the Crow's Nest and a water slide on Deck 3.  However, you are likely to recognize crew members, which is the best part.

• Like 1