How does kids sail free work?

Illbcruzn4life

I was on their website playing around and don't seem to save much with kids sail free. I'm aware I need to pay the port fees and taxes but in the summary it says they are charging each child $59, SRN $160, and port fees $140. I was looking at the May 12th 2024 sailing of the Meraviglia.

What does SRN stand for anyway?

I booked 4 adults in the room and got a price of $2536 and then did 2 adults and 2 kids aged 6 and 4 and got a price of $2316 for a savings of $220 or $110 a child.

3rd and 4th passengers always get a discount; so you just get a slightly bigger one with the kids. 

Compare it to 2 adult passengers and 2 adults + 2 kids in one cabin and see what the price difference is.  (And yes, there are quite a few fees in there that aren't free.)  It's all about marketing. 

Edited by skittl1321

14 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I was on their website playing around and don't seem to save much with kids sail free. I'm aware I need to pay the port fees and taxes but in the summary it says they are charging each child $59, SRN $160, and port fees $140. I was looking at the May 12th 2024 sailing of the Meraviglia.

This is not a kids sail free cruise. Expect to pay around 200 USD per kid plus the service charge. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

What does SRN stand for anyway?

Are you a TA logging into the agent site? That is only supposed to be displayed to them. It is what is known as NCF for the TA community or what would be the way old Port Charges for everyone else. Basically that is the part of the cruise fare that the cruise line does not pay commission on to TA's. As a non-TA, you should only be seeing $219 as the cruise fare and taxes of $140.

Bret

2 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Are you a TA logging into the agent site? That is only supposed to be displayed to them. It is what is known as NCF for the TA community or what would be the way old Port Charges for everyone else. Basically that is the part of the cruise fare that the cruise line does not pay commission on to TA's. As a non-TA, you should only be seeing $219 as the cruise fare and taxes of $140.

Bret

No I'm not a TA. When booking online just click on the summary at the bottom left of the page and all that comes up.

4 hours ago, phissy said:

I just reviewed current promos listed on MSC USA site.

I do not see MSC is currently offering. kids sail free .

You can find Cruise Deals to click at top of site.

They shouldn't say it's a kids sale free cruise if it isn't. That's disingenuous.

4 hours ago, phissy said:

I just reviewed current promos listed on MSC USA site.

I do not see MSC is currently offering. kids sail free .

You can find Cruise Deals to click at top of site.

I just tried a mock booking again and it still says kids sail free on the website where it says select your offer. This is for a May 12, 2024 on Meraviglia from NY(Brooklyn) 

4 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Bret

NCF - Non commissioned fare

Normally only seen on TA cruise fare page.

Kids sail free is usually for a certain sailing period and can also be on a certain ship. It's not as liberal as one may think. You will ALWAYS have to pay port taxes on a cruise for kids no matter what the promo is.

2 hours ago, mmbcater said:

Kids sail free is usually for a certain sailing period and can also be on a certain ship. It's not as liberal as one may think. You will ALWAYS have to pay port taxes on a cruise for kids no matter what the promo is.

Than you. I tried for for May 12 2024 on Meraviglia where it said kids sail free but somebody posted it was probably a glitch. 

Have a great rest of your day 😀

8 hours ago, mmbcater said:

UK kids free really is kids free £0 extra adding kids.

As UK also includes service it is still £0.

You do have to take the kids drinks if you add it for adults.

15 hours ago, insidecabin said:

UK kids free really is kids free £0 extra adding kids.

As UK also includes service it is still £0.

You do have to take the kids drinks if you add it for adults.

The original poster is from the US...

8 hours ago, mmbcater said:

The original poster is from the US...

I know, it is important to realise that not everything is done the way it is done in America.

With MSC you have to remember US is a secondary market for them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, insidecabin said:

I know, it is important to realise that not everything is done the way it is done in America.

With MSC you have to remember US is a secondary market for them.

9 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Wow-all I did was mention the original poster was based in the US and that meant they were looking for a US based answer. I am sorry you weren't able to figure that out....