Arecibo car service?

FritzG

What are you opinions on Arecibo car service?  In the past we've used Dial 7 for service from EWR to Brooklyn which was ok, but we wonder if a company based in Brooklyn would be a better option.  

TIA

38 minutes ago, FritzG said:

What are you opinions on Arecibo car service?  In the past we've used Dial 7 for service from EWR to Brooklyn which was ok, but we wonder if a company based in Brooklyn would be a better option.

In all likelihood they are the same as Dial7 and Carmel-- a dispatch service that pulls from the same pool of independent drivers that the other two do. There is nothing on their website, such as fleet info etc, that suggests that they are a brick and mortar operation that owns/operates their own cars. 

1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

In all likelihood they are the same as Dial7 and Carmel-- a dispatch service that pulls from the same pool of independent drivers that the other two do. There is nothing on their website, such as fleet info etc, that suggests that they are a brick and mortar operation that owns/operates their own cars. 

Thanks.  I think their price for EWR-Brooklyn is much lower than we paid last May; I'll have to check my receipt.  

6 minutes ago, FritzG said:

Thanks.  I think their price for EWR-Brooklyn is much lower than we paid last May; I'll have to check my receipt.  

If you want something that's of a higher quality than the mainstream dispatchers like Dial7/Carmel an app called Blacklane works quite well-- you get newer model cars (basically Mercedes E/S Class for the sedans and Cadillac Escalades for the SUVs) but you do pay more. Have used them quite a bit and have had a great experience.

If its a price play, Dial7/Carmel or Uber/Lyft are going to be the best options. 

15 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

If you want something that's of a higher quality than the mainstream dispatchers like Dial7/Carmel an app called Blacklane works quite well-- you get newer model cars (basically Mercedes E/S Class for the sedans and Cadillac Escalades for the SUVs) but you do pay more. Have used them quite a bit and have had a great experience.

If its a price play, Dial7/Carmel or Uber/Lyft are going to be the best options. 

Thanks, I’ll check them out. We prefer safety and quality over price. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FritzG said:

Their price quotes exclude tolls and tip so that may account for a substantial percentage of the price difference you're seeing versus what you actually paid last year