No More Veuve, No More Grey Goose

gmbhardy

38 minutes ago, Wubbajk said:

this thread was about them cutting out Bruce from the P+ package.  Why did they do that? 

Bruce had too much to drink and turned into a jerk, that's what I reckon

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 5/27/2023 at 11:12 PM, DrUrsula said:

In Miami and Ft Lauderdale Publix supermarket will deliver Veuve and /or any other wine that they have in stock directly to your hotel front desk. Our last trip Veuve ran around 51 dollars a bottle and a small Instacart fee. I hit a sale! this was in March of this year.

Orders can be placed about a week in advance. We have also had wine shops deliver bottles to us at the hotel but that was years ago.

I didn't think you were allowed to take your own alcohol on board. This is potentially a game changer. 

What's the process for that and is there a charge from NCL? 

3 minutes ago, Twinbooty said:

I didn't think you were allowed to take your own alcohol on board. This is potentially a game changer. 

What's the process for that and is there a charge from NCL? 

You can only bring wine and champagne onboard in bottles (no boxed wine). Typically, there is a $15 corkage fee assessed per 750ml bottle at embarkation, but recently the policy changed and that fee is now waived if you have any of the beverage packages.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pitzel said:

You can only bring wine and champagne onboard in bottles (no boxed wine). Typically, there is a $15 corkage fee assessed per 750ml bottle at embarkation, but recently the policy changed and that fee is now waived if you have any of the beverage packages.

Wow. That is defo a game changer.  That's excellent news for my companion.  Thanks for this.

Separate question to above, if someone is on the Premium Plus package, are they allowed to get a bottle of prosecco or champagne for a night on the balcony? Or is it just by the glass through room service? 

Just now, Twinbooty said:

Wow. That is defo a game changer.  That's excellent news for my companion.  Thanks for this.

Separate question to above, if someone is on the Premium Plus package, are they allowed to get a bottle of prosecco or champagne for a night on the balcony? Or is it just by the glass through room service? 

Even with the beverage packages, you cannot order wine or cocktails through room service without a fee. If you want to drink in your room for free, you will need to fetch your own cocktail or glass of wine from a bar and then bring it back to your room.

Previously, Premium Plus would come with a bottle of wine at dinner and many reported that they could take the leftover portion back to their room. This seems to have changed, though. Many are now reporting that either they are not offering bottles of wine at dinner any longer or they are not being permitted to take the remaining bottle with them to their room.

Note that suites come with a bottle of sparkling wine or champagne in the stateroom.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pitzel said:

Even with the beverage packages, you cannot order wine or cocktails through room service without a fee. If you want to drink in your room for free, you will need to fetch your own cocktail or glass of wine from a bar and then bring it back to your room.

Previously, Premium Plus would come with a bottle of wine at dinner and many reported that they could take the leftover portion back to their room. This seems to have changed, though. Many are now reporting that either they are not offering bottles of wine at dinner any longer or they are not being permitted to take the remaining bottle with them to their room.

Note that suites come with a bottle of sparkling wine or champagne in the stateroom.

That would be ridiculous... What's the point in getting the P+ if they scrap all benefits. NCL, step up your game!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, messi217 said:

If you have the drink package and bring on a bottle of wine, can you have it in the dining room and share with the table, or is it limited to only those with the drink package?

Share with whomever you would like. One you are onboard with your wine, no one knows or cares whether you paid a corkage fee at boarding. 

I'm not a champagne drinker.

I cant taste the difference between prosecco and vuelve but both are acceptable to me. (I get both for free)

But I had the rose this month and I didn't like it.

I just cancelled my Sept 17 2023 sailing on Prima due to unexpected need for major heart surgery to be scheduled for late Aug/Early Sept meaning I will not be fit to travel. Rescheduled for Jun2024. As it stands the money I paid for Premium Plus Bev Package for 2023 seems to have been used to pay towards our Jun 24 cruise fare. A couple of shore excursions are being refunded but everything else kept against Jun 24. If we want Premium Plus we have to pay again. I am currently thinking it is now not worth what they are asking me to pay and I will stick to my standard Free at Sea. The main reason being cutting back on things like Champagne, Wines such as New Zealand wines that I like a lot, and some spirits. Love Single Malt Scotch Dislike Bourbon.

I will review buying additional dining nights, Starbucks/PAYG/Packages nearer the time of departure in June next year when both my health and the drinks selection may have improved.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

So if you decide to carry on Champagne, how do you get it chilled at a restaurant in time for your meal?  Chill it yourself in the room?  Can they get it chill quickly in ice?

Thanks

You can also bring it by earlier in the day and tell them you would like it chilled for dinner. They will likely give you a hang tag number for it. Just ask for your bottle when you show up for your reservation. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 4:55 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

I had all the  Guinness I wanted on my last cruise.   I didn't need no stinkin' PPBP.😎

Where the hell did our discussion on Guinness go?  It seems to have vanished off the face of the earth. Does a Murphy's fan run this board or something?

Just off of Jewel on P+ on Monday.  Veuve was available by the glass at Le Bistro and included with P+.  Pommery was offered at Magnum's bar, Cagney's and Tsar but not available when I inquired at the other MDR and La Cucina.  Grey Goose was not available at some of the common bars like the Waves bar.  Belvedere was still available at Shakers but was sparse according to the bartenders.  Higher end whisky available on P+ was mostly confined to Maltings although Spinnaker did have Whistle Pig. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, soup23 said:

Just off of Jewel on P+ on Monday.  Veuve was available by the glass at Le Bistro and included with P+.  Pommery was offered at Magnum's bar, Cagney's and Tsar but not available when I inquired at the other MDR and La Cucina.  Grey Goose was not available at some of the common bars like the Waves bar.  Belvedere was still available at Shakers but was sparse according to the bartenders.  Higher end whisky available on P+ was mostly confined to Maltings although Spinnaker did have Whistle Pig. 

This is bad news if the main dining rooms won't have champagne...

• Like 2

Update from the Pearl. Onboard with P+ and have only found Prosecco at every bar.  Magnums has “one bottle” of Pommery Rose. Nice bartender Jim says “I have no idea what is going on, we’re the Champagne Bar!”. In Spinnaker, they don’t have Pommery Rose…in fact when I ordered it he says “ok Prosecco?” It’s the only Sparkling Wine/Champagne on the P+ menu. Umm..no. So I ask for La Crema. They have none. I ask for the other P+ Chardonnay (Terrazas) and he has to go searching for it. I don’t really want Chardonnay but I don’t really drink any other whites. Anyway, I drink Hendricks at home so I’ll probably give up grapes this cruise. Eating at LeBistro tomorrow and will have many Veuves, since that’s the only place you can get it…I hope! 🤞🏼 

Finishing up a lovely week on the Joy tomorrow. We were on her in Feburary and enjoyed Veuve and other great wines with our P+ package and got worried based on this thread that they gutted all premium wines. Champagne is not my default drink, so every premium wine that I loved on the Joy in February was still available besides Veuve, which was still offered at Le Bistro. I will absolutely get the premium package again next sailing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, psuboater said:

Finishing up a lovely week on the Joy tomorrow. We were on her in Feburary and enjoyed Veuve and other great wines with our P+ package and got worried based on this thread that they gutted all premium wines. Champagne is not my default drink, so every premium wine that I loved on the Joy in February was still available besides Veuve, which was still offered at Le Bistro. I will absolutely get the premium package again next sailing. 

Can you post a snap of the wine list?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NengEuis said:

Update from the Pearl. Onboard with P+ and have only found Prosecco at every bar.  Magnums has “one bottle” of Pommery Rose. Nice bartender Jim says “I have no idea what is going on, we’re the Champagne Bar!”. In Spinnaker, they don’t have Pommery Rose…in fact when I ordered it he says “ok Prosecco?” It’s the only Sparkling Wine/Champagne on the P+ menu. Umm..no. So I ask for La Crema. They have none. I ask for the other P+ Chardonnay (Terrazas) and he has to go searching for it. I don’t really want Chardonnay but I don’t really drink any other whites. Anyway, I drink Hendricks at home so I’ll probably give up grapes this cruise. Eating at LeBistro tomorrow and will have many Veuves, since that’s the only place you can get it…I hope! 🤞🏼 

@NengEuis Thanks for the (disappointing) report from the Pearl. I'd love to hear updates as your trip progresses. I hope you find a good bar, or bartender who can hook you up.