Questions about online "manage reservation" navigation and add on items

kywildcatfanone

So, we have our second cruise booked with Celebrity, on the Equinox in October.  On our first, we had the all inclusive package (tips, wifi, drinks) and it was significantly cheaper than it is today, so I'm going ala carte this upcoming cruise.

I see in the online reservation system for my existing booking that I can add wifi and I guess prepay. Do they every offer any kind of pre cruise or first day onboard discount of the wifi cost?  It's very high, even for basic.

Also, I was thinking to book the Tuscan Grill the first night because they offer  a discount, but the only seating time online is 9:30, and that is way too late for us, does that ever open up, or could we book it now, board and call, and get a earlier time?

Can you prepay gratuities?  I thought I saw that, but now can't find it on my reservation.

And lastly, is there somewhere you can see whatever OBC you got for your booking somewhere online?  I thought I remember seeing it on the last cruise on the reservation somewhere, but I'm not seeing it under my login now. 

Thanks in advance for any replies.  

PS:  I have read on threads that you can take your own soda/water on at embarkation and from ports.  Do they really check how much?  Princess says 2 packs per person, but they never actually check.

I will answer what I can:

1. Celebrity says that their pre-cruise discount for wi-fi is greater than what you will find on board.  I believe that to be true the few times I have checked.  Additionally, since you are a repeat cruiser (and should be in the Captains Club) there is an additional discount that is offered--I think 10% in your case.  In order to get the loyalty discount on top of the pre-cruise discount, you need to call the Captains Club (1-844-418-6824) because you cannot get your Capt Club discount on line.

2. In general, you can make adjustments to your specialty dining reservation once you get on board.  I do this all the time, however I have never booked the discounted first night, so I don't know how full it gets and hence how much flexibility there is to make changes. I recently read  in this forum that the first night gets filled so the discounts must be working.  Maybe someone with more experience can comment.

3. Yes, you should be able to pay your gratuities ahead of time.  Perhaps if you end up calling the Captains Club to get your wi-fi discounts, you might be able to ask about paying for your gratuities and I would imagine that they can take care of that, too.

4. You should be able to see your OBC at the top of your Cruise Planner (click on Plan My Cruise).  Note that any OBC you are getting from your travel agent is giving you may not show in your online OBC total because Celebrity can't "see" it.

image.thumb.png.f5ac0f83a31fdd673d55c232ecc8eb57.png

.5. In the distant past, my wife and I regularly brought cans of sodas on board Celebrity ships.  There was never a problem or a limit that we were aware of.  We did not ever need or try to get sodas brought on board from a port (some places, like Europe the formulation of soda is different, like Sprite, and I don't like the resulting taste).  We stopped bringing sodas because we get it from our drink packages.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the reply. Exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I will call about the wifi and tips and see if I can pay over the phone.  I'm not seeing any OBC like you are showing, so I'm going to have to call my TA I think and ask, because the online booking shows it, but it's not displaying for me.  

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Thank you for the reply. Exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I will call about the wifi and tips and see if I can pay over the phone.  I'm not seeing any OBC like you are showing, so I'm going to have to call my TA I think and ask, because the online booking shows it, but it's not displaying for me.  

If it’s OBC from your TA rather directly from Celebrity, it might not show up until after you’re on board.

• Like 1