F 18 High Speed Buzz of Enchantment of the Seas

2 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

Not calling you out at all.      

In the days of social media and everyone having a camera with them or blogging 24/7.
No not everyone. But 99% do.  

I’m surprised there’s no actual pics videos of this.    
would be awesome to see.  
what did the captain announce 

The Captain announced that the loud unusual sound was not involved with any ship emergency or problem. It was an aircraft that passed at high speed and there was no threat to the ship or passengers. I believe the Captain was completely unaware that this was going to happen and was trying to assuage the passengers that all was safe.

The message occurred about four minutes after the "second" fly-by with no other incidents.

12 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

The Captain announced that the loud unusual sound was not involved with any ship emergency or problem. It was an aircraft that passed at high speed and there was no threat to the ship or passengers. I believe the Captain was completely unaware that this was going to happen and was trying to assuage the passengers that all was safe.

The message occurred about four minutes after the "second" fly-by with no other incidents.

I wonder if it like someone else said.  A friend or family was on board. Lol.  

26 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I have been to Nellis numerous times in my former life dealing with DOD, and the activity there has always been a sight to see. Not sure I’d want to live around the base with all that going on every day however.

In all honesty I live far enough away that it doesn’t effect us here.  
but we go to the track a lot and it’s always fun getting our own air show.   
was just there this weekend and they were all over.  
more on Sunday as the wind wasn’t as bad as Saturday.   

9 hours ago, Ret MP said:

While I was at White Sands Missile Range (WSMR), NM, it was amazing what we were involved with and participated in.  WSMR was more than just a missile range.  

Dad used to be the commander of McAfee Clinic at WSMR (as well as a Nuclear Surety Officer).  His favorite assignment!  And yes, there was a LOT going on in those days that he sadly (or maybe happily) couldn't tell me about...

--bruce T.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Btank said:

Dad used to be the commander of McAfee Clinic at WSMR (as well as a Nuclear Surety Officer).  His favorite assignment!  And yes, there was a LOT going on in those days that he sadly (or maybe happily) couldn't tell me about...

--bruce T.

WSMR was, by far, the best assignment of my military career.  I wish I could talk about it here.  But, it isn't RCCL related.

8 hours ago, Ret MP said:

WSMR was, by far, the best assignment of my military career.  I wish I could talk about it here.  But, it isn't RCCL related.

And if you did you would probably get a knock at your door by someone you really don't want to talk to anymore. 😇

NSWC was my favorite stomping ground.

Edited by orville99
  • Thanks 1

Happened to us in The Persian Gulf. A few years ago, but think it was an Iran military jet at the same level as the top sunbathing deck .  Ships officers were on deck reassuring the passengers 

Watched an air disasters show last night.  A small commercial plane (near 20 passengers) did an impromptu fly around  La France which later became the SS Norway (NCL ship).  The pilot did it at the request of a passenger as they approached their destination (in France). The pilots had to drop below into unrestricted airspace where visual flight rules apply.  But it was a relatively busy area due to the excitement created by La France.  A small single engine plane collided with them and they all died.  It was piloted by a retired commercial pilot with tons of experience.    

All of this happens because they went off course to circle and see the France, putting themselves in a much riskier scenario.  Such a sad and weird story.   

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

And if you did you would probably get a knock at your door by someone you really don't want to talk to anymore. 😇

NSWC was my favorite stomping ground.

Thanks for that.  I didn't want to sound too melodramatic.  

USS Landlock (Officially the USS Desert Ship, we, the Army called it the "Landlock).  Neat ship on WSMR.  

Edited by Ret MP

2 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Thanks for that.  I didn't want to sound too melodramatic.

Too many door knocks during that phase of my career. There were two of us who lived on the same street with the same level of clearance - but working with different branches. It was actually quite comical at times when they knocked on my door and asked me about his activity, and then went across the street and asked him about mine. Never did ask him what he was working on, and he never asked me, but we often chuckled about a bureaucracy that would "work" in that way.😱

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1