Manhattan Cruise Terminal Now Accepts Parking Reservations

njhorseman

15 minutes ago, Dorhead1230 said:

Here’s a follow-up question I just thought of—are they actually reserving spots for those who book ahead online? Not as in a specific parking space, but an area of the lot or something? Or do they just keep a count of cars and add the number of reservations to the total or something, to make sure there are spots saved? Just curious if it’s really actually doing anything to reserve it online or if they’ll just send you next door to 90 anyway if they fill up. 🤔

I think it would be difficult to assign a section as folks are leaving the ship at different times and entering the parking deck at different times.

28 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I think it would be difficult to assign a section as folks are leaving the ship at different times and entering the parking deck at different times.

My thoughts exactly!

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

Because it doesn’t fill up, and if it does you just park next door at 90. Some have claimed to have read posts of folks not being able to park, but so far I’ve never seen it. The fact that they take reservations leads people to believe it might fill up.

It's not "some have claimed to have read posts of folks not being able to park..." I've repeatedly said that I've been there when it's happened at least once and I personally spoke to a passenger at our cruise's Meet and Greet who was directed to an offsite lot. One other time someone posted on our Roll Call about it happening to them.

It's happened in the summer when cruise lines that don't use the port year round have seasonal sailings from Manhattan. For example when NCL had two ships sailing from Manhattan every week, Carnival had one, Disney had a summer season ship and other lines like Holland America would offer a few seasonal cruises from Manhattan .

I'm not suggesting it's happened often, but I've been there when it has, and others have reported it.

On 7/5/2023 at 12:23 PM, mjkacmom said:

Because it doesn’t fill up, and if it does you just park next door at 90. Some have claimed to have read posts of folks not being able to park, but so far I’ve never seen it. The fact that they take reservations leads people to believe it might fill up.

Totally agree.  I've sailed out of NYC using the parking there 5 times in the last 2 years -- and even pre-pandemic, never got turned away.  Once, they did run out of spots by pier 88, but we were instructed to parallel park along the ramp.  Another time, I got there too early: the ramp was barricaded as either staff didn't arrive yet, or they were waiting for disembarking passengers to drive off.  That was weird.  I didn't have to wait too long in my car until they finally took the barricades away.

(I usually arrive between 9 and 11am).

• Like 1