Celebrity Land Tour question

rwlss

We are scheduled to go on a Celebrity Land Tour post-cruise and I have been trying to lay out a plan for the trip.  Does anyone have experience with 'last day' tours offered by Celebrity with transfer to airport?  I'm not seeing any tours being offered (Fairbanks is end point) or mentioned on their website and we have a very, very late flight out.  I do not want to sit in the airport for the entire day.  I am hoping someone has experiences to share either through Celebrity or potentially an independent tour that could end at the airport.  Thank you in advance.

While highly rated the Arctic Circle tours by the Northern Alaska Tour Company are tiring and make for a very long day.  

I would also suggest renting a car.  A day in Fairbanks could include a visit to the Morris Thompson Cultural Center followed by a visit to the Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum.  The auto museum is located off of College Road.  If our OP is in Fairbanks on a Saturday or Wednesday then the Tanana Valley Farmer's Market (located on College Road), which has a variety of vendors, would be a nice stop for lunch.  At the other end of College Road is the University of Alaska Fairbanks so a stop at the Museum of the North would be very convenient. Another idea would be a visit to Running Reindeer Ranch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2023 at 11:33 AM, rwlss said:

We are scheduled to go on a Celebrity Land Tour post-cruise and I have been trying to lay out a plan for the trip.  Does anyone have experience with 'last day' tours offered by Celebrity with transfer to airport?  I'm not seeing any tours being offered (Fairbanks is end point) or mentioned on their website and we have a very, very late flight out.  I do not want to sit in the airport for the entire day.  I am hoping someone has experiences to share either through Celebrity or potentially an independent tour that could end at the airport.  Thank you in advance.

We also have a post-cruise Celebrity Land Tour and within the itinerary description for the last day in Fairbanks, it does say (see below) that the Tour Director will provide transfers to the airport as part of the tour.  I do have a question about routine meals, are they all included?  I saw mention of two meals "on our own".  So, should we assume all others are included?

Fly Out- Fairbanks:

Your Tour Director will see that you are transferred to the Fairbanks airport for your flight home. * Tours and activities as described, other than optional activities and meals, are included in your Cruisetour vacation. Tour arrival times are tentative and are subject to change. All properties are subject to change for properties of a similar quality.

@capsplace - thanks for the reply.  My issue is that likely the transfer to the airport is in the 'morning time' and we do not want to spend the entire day in the airport.  We have a very late flight out. I was hoping that there might be a last day tour available with a later airport drop off.  If all else fails, likely will do a car rental for a few hours.

In response to:  I do have a question about routine meals, are they all included?  All of my research indicates that unless it specifically calls out that a tour includes a meal you are on your own. (For example, the Riverboat cruise calls out inclusion of a meal).  I am still researching, as I know some cruise lines offer a 'meal plan' but have found no indication or posts this is available via Celebrity.

If I discover any more information I will let you know.

Very excited to be returning to Alaska.  It's been close to 14 years since last there.