Sunrise, arriving to Montreal this morning on the Zaandam

FrankieSue

• FrankieSue changed the title to Sunrise, arriving to Montreal this morning on the Zaandam

Thrilling photo!

Since my DH and I will be arriving in Montreal on June 3 on the Zaandam, and we have never been there, can you tell me where the ship docks?  Is it close to Old Montreal?  Our hotel is in that area so I am curious as to how close we will be.  TIA

9 hours ago, beach spring said:

Thrilling photo!

Since my DH and I will be arriving in Montreal on June 3 on the Zaandam, and we have never been there, can you tell me where the ship docks?  Is it close to Old Montreal?  Our hotel is in that area so I am curious as to how close we will be.  TIA

I’ve done that one twice and both times we were docked at the Alexandra Pier (Grand Quay). My hotel was Le Centre Sheraton on Rene Levesque Blvd about a mile away. I was able to walk to the ship, but I travel very lightly. I believe that area is considered Old Montreal. 

This is the port street address:  200 De la Commune Street West.  I believe Old Montreal is immediately upstream from the dock, right next door.  If you have the hotel address google maps should be able to give you the precise distance and ways to travel.

Roy

13 hours ago, beach spring said:

Thrilling photo!

The ship docks right into Old Montreal, just walk off the ship, and you are on rue De la Commune, right in the Old City…. Have a great trip