VENEZIA??

layteacher

Just booked a fall cruise from NY on the Venezia. Can someone that has cruised on this ship give me some details? Have sailed mostly out of Mobile, Port Canaveral and Jacksonville. How is the port? Is it a mid-size ship? Did I read it was refurbished? Any tips would be appreciated. Just my husband and I going. 

TIA

10 hours ago, layteacher said:

Just booked a fall cruise from NY on the Venezia. Can someone that has cruised on this ship give me some details? Have sailed mostly out of Mobile, Port Canaveral and Jacksonville. How is the port? Is it a mid-size ship? Did I read it was refurbished? Any tips would be appreciated. Just my husband and I going. 

TIA

We are all awaiting word on the refurbishment. Was a Costa cruise ship that Carnival is bringing to NY after they make some changes. First sailing is June 15th ( other then the transatlantic bring her to America ). Awaiting photos and info from those that sail on her early. I am booked on her 2nd sailing on June 19th and will be sharing what i see. Can't wait as 50 days to go.

13 hours ago, layteacher said:

TIA

As mentioned, no one knows yet!

I’ll be sailing on the Venezia TransAtlantic, and covering everything about the ship both here in a LIVE Blog, and on my Youtube channel, Cruising With Dee. Be sure to look for my blog which I’ll start about a week before the cruise, and be sure to subscribe to my channel since I’m hoping to do some Live videos while on the ship (internet permitting!), and you’ll want to get notice of those and new videos.

• Like 2

Don't know anything about Venezia yet but a lot of my prior cruises have been from NYC.  

It's a favorite port since it's close to home and have always had an easy time boarding.

Booked for 2024  on Venezia. 

We are also booked on the Venezia in 2024. I was able to snag an aft balcony on deck 2... very little information about this ship and this cabin... I have seen some photos/videos.... this cabin is in a weird place...its an aft cabin, the balcony is a little larger than usual, but then there is like a 10-15 foot stretch to the actual back edge of the ship.... oh well, new experience... looking forward to it

21 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

Its a big ship. (We havent sailed RCL) 

We are looking forward to our Oct cruise.  Our first NYC sailing. My best frind lives outside the city and is our TA.  Ill ask her tips for port mgmt.  Getting to and from EWR is my biggest unknown, for now. 

If you go to east coast departure site there is lots of information there. If you can't locate an answer in a search just ask and somebody who has sailed from this port will have an answer. I will be checking this site as well because it has been years since we have sailed from Manhattan.

Enjoy the planning.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2023 at 4:52 AM, AnitaVacation said:

We are also booked on the Venezia in 2024. I was able to snag an aft balcony on deck 2... very little information about this ship and this cabin... I have seen some photos/videos.... this cabin is in a weird place...its an aft cabin, the balcony is a little larger than usual, but then there is like a 10-15 foot stretch to the actual back edge of the ship.... oh well, new experience... looking forward to it

@AnitaVacation what is the cabin number, if I may ask? We keep looking at those aft cabins but can't really figure out what's going on with the balconies. Phone call to Carnival for info got me nowhere.

On 4/29/2023 at 9:46 PM, layteacher said:

TIA

I have traveled out of NY frequently since it's close to home.  I'm assuming you will be flying in, so I don't think parking is a big issue for you.  It's Manhattan so a hotel room will most likely be expensive.  If you fly into Newark there are cheaper rooms to be had at the airport. If you are flying in day of the cruise, just give yourself enough time if your departure date is during the week.  If it's on the weekend, traffic shouldn't be too much of an issue.  The port is pretty well laid out and I've never had huge issues with embarking.  Longest line tends to be security.  After that it goes pretty smoothly.   Debarking is probably not any worse than any other place.   Taxis are located across the street from the pier, which to me is the only downside (we usually take a taxi to the bus terminal and take a bus home to NJ, but last two cruises right after the pandemic we decided to drive in).  As others have said, there's good info in the East Coast threads.  Also, there are some decent YouTube videos what show what the ship looked like before the makeover, what's speculated to be on the ship after the drydock and what is known now.   There will be much more after the initial sailing.

• Like 1