Pier 27 to Hop on Hop Off bus office Jefferson and Mason St. San Fran

DOJO466

23 minutes ago, DOJO466 said:

Any idea walking distance from Pier 27 San Fran to the HOHO bus stop at 69 Jefferson corner of Mason. I have tried some searches to no avail. 

It's about 0.8 miles...maybe a bit over a 15 minute walk.

If you go to Google Maps it's very easy to find the information you want.

On 4/30/2023 at 11:36 AM, DOJO466 said:

Any idea walking distance from Pier 27 San Fran to the HOHO bus stop at 69 Jefferson corner of Mason.

If the purpose of going to the bus stop at the corner of Jefferson Street and Mason Street is to board the "hop on-hop off" bus service operated by Open Top Sightseeing, LLC, dba Big Bus Tours, then it might be more convenient to instead walk to Pier 35 and board that bus service there. The advantage of walking to Jefferson Street and Mason Street, and boarding the bus at the company's office located at 99 Jefferson Street, is that the first bus departure in the morning is at 10:00 a.m., thereby allowing for a relatively early start that day. That first bus does not get to the Pier 35 bus stop until 11:45 a.m.

I do not know the address "69 Jefferson Street." Are you certain of its accuracy?

Finally, I note that this 2-hour "hop on-hop off" bus tour loop has a fare of $65.70. I note that the San Francisco Municipal Railway sells a 1-day visitor "passport" for as little as $13.00 (using the MuniMobile application), valid for the entire day on all streetcars, cable cars, and buses throughout the entire city.

15 minutes ago, GTJ said:

If the purpose of going to the bus stop at the corner of Jefferson Street and Mason Street is to board the "hop on-hop off" bus service operated by Open Top Sightseeing, LLC, dba Big Bus Tours, then it might be more convenient to instead walk to Pier 35 and board that bus service there. The advantage of walking to Jefferson Street and Mason Street, and boarding the bus at the company's office located at 99 Jefferson Street, is that the first bus departure in the morning is at 10:00 a.m., thereby allowing for a relatively early start that day. That first bus does not get to the Pier 35 bus stop until 11:45 a.m.

I do not know the address "69 Jefferson Street." Are you certain of its accuracy?

Finally, I note that this 2-hour "hop on-hop off" bus tour loop has a fare of $65.70. I note that the San Francisco Municipal Railway sells a 1-day visitor "passport" for as little as $13.00 (using the MuniMobile application), valid for the entire day on all streetcars, cable cars, and buses throughout the entire city.

Yes, I was looking to board earlier. Our ship (only one in port that day) has excursion but filled. Also wanted to board first and not have to board at last stop and then have to wait at first stop for break time.

Day passport not doable for me. My first visit to SF I walked the entire city, including up to Coit Tower and a very fast run down that hill. I was 25 then...forty years later....well, let's just sit on HOHO and do the circuit.

Thanks all for your input. I am sure I will figure it out.

• Like 1