7 day cruise packing list with carry-on luggage only?

5 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I do carry on only when I fly.  DH and I will be driving and spending the night before embarkation in Baltimore (if it's ready for cruise ships in September) and we will be bringing our medium size luggage. Have a great cruise!!

Hi, thanks so much.🙂 I can't remember the last time I drove to a port..........seriously, I fly out, no matter what my cruise itinerary happens to be. 

I see you are in South Carolina. How far is that drive to Baltimore?

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, thanks so much.🙂 I can't remember the last time I drove to a port..........seriously, I fly out, no matter what my cruise itinerary happens to be. 

I see you are in South Carolina. How far is that drive to Baltimore?

About 8 hours with gas stops. I hope Pride will be embarking from Baltimore because I found a BnB on a river about 45 minutes from port. If we leave at 7am we should arrive at the BnB around 3pm for check in. Then we can chill with a glass of wine watching the river flow by. I like starting our vacation as soon as possible 👍😁do you have excursions/plans while in Bermuda?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

About 8 hours with gas stops. I hope Pride will be embarking from Baltimore because I found a BnB on a river about 45 minutes from port. If we leave at 7am we should arrive at the BnB around 3pm for check in. Then we can chill with a glass of wine watching the river flow by. I like starting our vacation as soon as possible 👍😁do you have excursions/plans while in Bermuda?

Hi, nope, I did not book any excursions. I have been to Bermuda 3 or 4 times over the years. I will probably take the ferry over to Hamilton one day. Walk around, have lunch at The Hog Penny too. 

Maybe take the ferry over to St George on another day.....and just walk around The Navy Yard too. And just relax on the ship. I bet it will be fairly empty with most folks doing tours.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 1:58 PM, slidergirl said:

For those interested in trying some of the Merino wool clothes that we talk about:

Today is the last sale day on Woolx.  21% off.  SUMMER21 is the code.  Try a shirt.  Splurge for a dress.  Get leggings for winter.  Just sayin’.

I'm working towards a couple goals right now, and I've promised myself one of their dresses once they're achieved!  I hope they'll run a great sale like that again.  

On 6/27/2023 at 12:27 AM, crystalspin said:

Hey Sharon,

You are either an angel or the devil! I have bought this bag in the "gray and pink" that looks like taupe and coral to me. It comes with a smaller peach zipper bag that could be used to go to dinner! It was $44 yesterday but dropped to #37 today. I am such a sucker!

PS the pics show it does have a strap to hook it to your pull handle on a suitcase? Wide enough for the IT carryon, even. PPS sorry this pic is so big!

-- Elizabeth

New Bag.jpg

I love backpacks, but that one -- with the extra handles and large size at the top -- looks heavy.  

If you opt for a backpack -- and I almost always do -- don't carry your money, credit cards and ID in the bag, which is -- after all -- behind you.  Keep those things on your person.  My personal favorite method is to wear bike shorts (with big pockets) under a casual dress.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, nope, I did not book any excursions. I have been to Bermuda 3 or 4 times over the years. I will probably take the ferry over to Hamilton one day. Walk around, have lunch at The Hog Penny too. 

Maybe take the ferry over to St George on another day.....and just walk around The Navy Yard too. And just relax on the ship. I bet it will be fairly empty with most folks doing tours.

We are planning on taking the ferry to Hamilton then touring the caves and the Blue Hole Park. Drinks and lunch at The Swizzle Inn and back to the ship. It’s our first visit to Bermuda!

24 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

We are planning on taking the ferry to Hamilton then touring the caves and the Blue Hole Park. Drinks and lunch at The Swizzle Inn and back to the ship. It’s our first visit to Bermuda!

Oh, I love the Swizzle Inn! Hope you will too🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I love backpacks, but that one -- with the extra handles and large size at the top -- looks heavy. 

You are correct -- the bag is quite enormous, easily a weekender all by itself. It is currently packed with a month's worth of crafting and other non-essential "third bag because we are driving" items!

I subsequently bought this smaller bag (which is heavier than you might like due to its organization abilities).

image.thumb.jpeg.9c496f522191f0cbcbdf793b485b21f4.jpeg

Again with the crazy big picture! It is about 16" tall. I would pack a simple stuffable daypack for excursions.

On 8/2/2023 at 1:03 PM, islandgirlejfan said:

I have Solely Jane's.  The convertible shoes make it nice to add without adding a lot to the weight of your bag and allow you to achieve a few more looks!
https://trysolelyjane.com/collections/all-products

Looks like they are adding flats. It’s unclear if all tops will work with all bases. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 6:58 AM, Truepeacenik said:

I’m using a 28l COR Surf Island Hopper.

Three color choices, and basically is a Cotopaxi Alla. For sub $100 USD.

Looks like a $5 off sale today

I realized I was getting frustrated with my current backpack (more padding than needed, weird organization, delicate feeling zippers…it’s a keep partially packed for impromptu getaways bag, not a sturdy air travel option (and it’s not like I live near a port).

I test-packed the Island Hopper, and it’s got plenty of flex room (perfect for fitting under the seat on a flight), opens all the way (like a book), and my pack weighed in at 4.8 kg. I’ve got one clothing item to add, so I’m way under any weight concerns.

The Hopper was fine!

We had three days in Venice precruise, and a day in Athens post cruise.

easy on trains and buses, I over packed (I do hand laundry).

used it as a bag on a couple stops. I had a crossbody purse, too. I used the Hopper on beach days as I packed an extra water bottle and towels for two. 

I am VERY glad I didn’t need it in Santorini as we walked the donkey trail up and took the gondola down. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2024 at 12:37 AM, crystalspin said:

I feel sure you can do it Lois! The freedom of carry-on-only wins over "options"!

Hi Crystal, well I am looking at the clothing I want to bring for my upcoming cruise and I will be checking a bag as I usually do and bringing a smaller carry on.

I fly to New Jersey on Sat morning and sail on Sunday. 

I don't even know what I would cut back on and don't feel like I am even overpacking but I know it won't all fit in a carry on bag. And I am good with my decision.

• Like 2