Bella vs Fant vs Aurea - Dining Realities

BoundForSea

Hi gang,

So as many times as we’ve been on MSC the DW and I have not sailed out of YC, so need some feedback from you all.  I am planning a week out of NY this summer in 2 balconies w/ Single Supps as a long overdue belated Moms day week gift from her only son. Meraviglia specifically

Im trying to choose between Bella, Fantastica, and Aurea.  What’s most important tk me here is Dining arrangements and how it all works among the three.  Can you guys please tell me realistically (recently over last year if possible) how the different levels affect what dining rooms you dine, dining times and flexibility, and most of all ability to just choose a table of 2 (without a waitlist) instead of group table style dining? I’ve read there are main dining rooms that the tables are literally 6” apart from one another. How does one avoid that (if at all) bc at that point we may as well all be at the same table! LOL (y’all will have to hear my mom and I do our Italian American lively banter and bickering. Haha). 

Thanks all!

Pretty self-explanatory - Aurea gives you full flexibility on time at which you'd like to dine and size of table, however the two-tops will still be on top of each other.

Fantastica is *supposed* to offer your dining preference (early vs late) but if there are more than one "early" seaings on US cruises (say a 5pm and 7:30pm) you cannot specify WHICH seating.   Deuces can normally be accomodated on all sailings if you are willing to be flexible about the time you dine - so if you were booked at 5pm at a sharing table but were willing to dine at 9:15 (or whatever the last seating is) that might be arranged. Really all depends on how full the ship is.

Bella - you get what you get and you don't pitch a fit (as my girl scout troop leader would say).

For seated breakfast and lunch you can ALWAYS request "not to share" a table and while the Maitre d' will be grumpy, they will accommodate you.  If you can't sort the dinner issue there is always the buffet or specialty dining.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

Hi gang,

So as many times as we’ve been on MSC the DW and I have not sailed out of YC.....

2 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

.....Im trying to choose between Bella, Fantastica, and Aurea.....

😨 😱

In my ecperience there is no difference between Bella and Fantastica: They will try to accomodate your preference of time and table size. No guarantee, but as close to your wish as possible, if you niecly ask in person.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Bella - you get what you get and you don't pitch a fit (as my girl scout troop leader would say).

I love this 😄. Would be great to quote to some of the moaners on the Virtuosa forum on the 'other' site but don't think I'd dare.

• Like 2