Currently on Nieuw amsterdam...suite 7132 aft neptune

Mrs Soap

I am glad you are enjoying your cabin.  My DW and I will be in cabin 7137, the mirror image of your cabin, on the Nieuw Amsterdam around this time next year.  Happy cruising!

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing.  Nice cabin.  We were in an Aft Neptune last fall on the Nieuw Statendam.  The room was different.  The TV was off to the side of the cabin.  I wasn't a fan as the room was odd shaped.  

1 hour ago, bluesplayer said:

Thank you for sharing.  Nice cabin.  We were in an Aft Neptune last fall on the Nieuw Statendam.  The room was different.  The TV was off to the side of the cabin.  I wasn't a fan as the room was odd shaped.  

The corner afts on the Pinnacle ships are not as nice as the ones on the Signature and Vista ships. I did not like our corner aft on K'dam. I don't remember the shape of the room being odd, but we had a side window, which was nice except it put the TV above the sofa. The only way to watch TV was from the bed. The closet space was disappointing, and there was no dressing area like on the Vistas. The bathroom was terrible. No shower over the tub and a stall shower that was tiny (smaller than a phone booth!). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

The corner afts on the Pinnacle ships are not as nice as the ones on the Signature and Vista ships. I did not like our corner aft on K'dam. I don't remember the shape of the room being odd, but we had a side window, which was nice except it put the TV above the sofa. The only way to watch TV was from the bed. The closet space was disappointing, and there was no dressing area like on the Vistas. The bathroom was terrible. No shower over the tub and a stall shower that was tiny (smaller than a phone booth!). 

The shower was fine on our N. Statendam aft corner Neptune...two stalls wide or bigger. No tub. We also had a corner aft on KDam...those differ quiter a bit depending on which deck you are on, but ours was close to your description. Guessing they improved on the design after KDam. Agree the layout is not as nice as N. Amsterdam...smallish, compared to N. Amsterdam. Particularly small if you split the beds.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

The shower was fine on our N. Statendam aft corner Neptune...two stalls wide or bigger. No tub. We also had a corner aft on KDam...those differ quiter a bit depending on which deck you are on, but ours was close to your description. Guessing they improved on the design after KDam. Agree the layout is not as nice as N. Amsterdam...smallish, compared to N. Amsterdam. Particularly small if you split the beds.

I would have been fine without the tub, giving more room to the shower. The layout of the room was odd. TV over sofa, and bed facing the sofa took up about half of the room, near the windows. The rest was the desk on the inside wall and two small chairs and a coffee table under the window on the side wall. It felt like they didn't quite know what to do with the space.

I've also been in one of the Neptunes along the side of the ship. That room was large, pleasant, and had a great bathroom. BIG difference from the SB to the SA.

• Like 1

We are really happy with the size and the layout of the cabin.

Yes the TV is to the side of the lounge so you can't watch from the lounge...there's 2 arm chairs thou? We barely watch TV and if we did would be in bed.

The bathroom is great...2 showers..yes the stand alone shower is small but easy to use the one over the bath...which has jets also.

I really like the dressing area...perfect for doing make-up or if you had 3 or sharing with not your partner then great for privacy.

Plenty of storage.

The deck is huge!!!!! And although really too cold to sit out there the views are amazing for alaska.

As for the sofa bed it's not pulled out so not sure what that would be like bur it's a good size couch so guessing it would be a decent size bed