Special events requiring special outfits?

TravelFiend

1 hour ago, FrankieJayIII said:

we have never seen the love boat.   we've heard of it.

If you are interested in watching an episode, the show runs 24/7 on one of the channels on the PlutoTV app, or if you have Roku or similar, you can find PlutoTV there. It's corny in today's times and sometimes cringeworthy. Hard to imagine today, but cruising was not a thing the general public considered as a vacation before the show, it became a thing because of it.

Edited by mtnesterz

Our recent 14 day cruise had two

formal Nites and two ‘Dressed to Impress’ nites.

The second Dressed to Impress nite was subtitled ‘White and Gold’ theme.

I had clothing options to partake but noticed as others have, the number of passengers who dress up at all for formal or ‘dressed to impress’ is waning. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, remydiva said:

Our recent 14 day cruise had two

formal Nites and two ‘Dressed to Impress’ nites.

The second Dressed to Impress nite was subtitled ‘White and Gold’ theme.

I had clothing options to partake but noticed as others have, the number of passengers who dress up at all for formal or ‘dressed to impress’ is waning. 

As time goes by even the most dedicated passengers who prefer formal clothing come to realize it's so much easier not to pack the extra clothing just for those events, especially when a large majority doesn't bother. 

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

As time goes by even the most dedicated passengers who prefer formal clothing come to realize it's so much easier not to pack the extra clothing just for those events, especially when a large majority doesn't bother. 

It would seem so.

We only travel with carry on whether it’s a 7 day, 15.day + or month land tour.

Obviously we are not tuxedo and tiara people but one can get creative and still feel well dressed. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 8:02 PM, TrojanGal said:

I’m booked on the Regal Princess, May 20 sailing, British Isles. Princess just sent me an email saying the 2nd formal night is a white and gold party and feel free to wear white and gold attire, “Love Boat” party in the piazza celebration.  

We are on this sailing as well. I didn't get the memo though. I love theme nights and plan to pack a pair of white pants anyway and have a gold top as well. So all set! Thank you for the heads up.

Everything I’ve been hearing on Vlogs etc over the past three weeks is that Princess is going to one formal and 1 white and gold night on Lieu of second formal. We had that one the Discovery Princess in October it was fun and there was also a deck party as well. 

Just off the Sapphire yesterday and we had two formal nights also, with the second one being white & gold. We took part, but as others noted the first formal night had far more participants than the second (I only knew ahead of time by scouring the Journey View section of the app).

For kids club, the theme days were mostly about the activities that were happening. No one knew ahead of time, and so could not prepare. They'll do a craft or activity based on the theme, but it is not a themed party. Many crafts resulted in take home things (colour-on stuffies, beaded bracelets or necklaces), but also used sharpies so be prepared for inky hands!  My almost 9 year old loved camp discovery 😊

17 hours ago, Cruisin Cathy AZ said:

Everything I’ve been hearing on Vlogs etc over the past three weeks is that Princess is going to one formal and 1 white and gold night on Lieu of second formal. We had that one the Discovery Princess in October it was fun and there was also a deck party as well. 

I like the idea of the white/gold theme NOT being a formal night. I like to wear a cocktail dress on formal night and I'm not going to buy one just for the color theme. BUT...I have fun and sparkly clothing in the theme, just not quite dressy enough for the formal night.