Royal Up Question

Totally trivial question, just curious. We're sailing on Harmony next week, 5/13. We have a couple of Royal Up bids submitted. We're just curious will they stay in our planner as submitted until the cruise happens, or could we get any sort of acknowledgement that they are "done" with the bids, no more upgrades being given? Or could it be something like a guarantee cabin where you may not know until right up to boarding day if the bid was accepted?

10 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

We're just curious will they stay in our planner as submitted until the cruise happens, or could we get any sort of acknowledgement that they are "done" with the bids, no more upgrades being given?

Somewhat recently, folks have started reporting the denial email being received the day before sailing. The pattern has been that you may get an "initial" denial about two days out (which means that they are done with them shoreside) but on-board upgrade are possible - then the "final" denial usually is received early evening on sail away day.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Somewhat recently, folks have started reporting the denial email being received the day before sailing. The pattern has been that you may get an "initial" denial about two days out (which means that they are done with them shoreside) but on-board upgrade are possible - then the "final" denial usually is received early evening on sail away day.

Ok, thats what I was wondering, will we get a "thanks for playing, better luck next cruise" type of message saying no upgrade for you!

We are sailing on the Harmony in 3 days and just received our confirmation that our bid was received today! Prior to that it just showed submitted and I had basically quit hoping lol!!   There is still time for you to be notified 🙂

• Like 1

Hi,

Its a bit of lottery!

Hopefully you will get notification before you set out for your holiday. That way you will know where your cabin is and where your muster for that cabin is beforehand.

If travelling into foreign countries for cruises like we do from the UK, then our phones are off due to roaming charges so any updates on our cabins during this time are not going to be read. Hopefully under those circumstances we would find out at the cruise terminal as our set sail passes would be now wrong if things have changed.

What has happened to us in the past is that we have bid a low bid to change from our interior and had not received anything prior to boarding so had gone to guest services to find out only to be told to wait until around 4pm. The problem with this is that the room we had booked had opened up and my wife had likes it and then the luggage had arrived so she wanted to unpack and get on with enjoying her first day of the cruise. I went to guest services and asked them to cancel our Royal Up as we were now happy where we were.

I have 2 bids on my next cruise which is at the end of May on the Enchantment. RCI swapped ships from the Brilliance which we had a interior on the 8th floor and now have an interior on the 2nd floor so I have bided the minimum for a balcony and also a extra space ocean view.

I do not expect to get either and my wife is not too bothered, so again, if we have not received a upgrade by the time we board and the room we have opens up and my wife liked it and the cases arrive, then I will go to guest services and cancel the upgrade as we will not waste time moving rooms late on in the day. If RCI wants our money (and I would expect they would as everyone else seems to want it), then they need to start sorting this program out so we know in advance (or at least a few days or even at the port) what our room is going to be.

I know they probably wait for things like cancellations and people missing the ship, but I have just tried booking a balcony on this ship for my cruise and there are over 20 of them on 1 floor alone still available and with just 3 weeks left to go I can only assume these will be the rooms the Royal Up program moves people to.

I will let you know if anything changes before I leave, but I won't keep my fingers crossed.

Mick.

Edited by Mick B
spelling

I’ve been successful in my Royal Up bids 5-6 times in the last couple of years. I generally book Junior Suites and then bid for Grand Suite and above. I’ve received upgrade notices as early as 2 weeks prior and as late as 2 days prior to sailing.

If you are bidding on the higher level cabins and the cruise is getting a few days out, check the cabin availability for those stateroom classes. If the suites are all gone, you can be pretty sure that you missed out even though they haven’t notified you yet.