Britannia late June

davecttr

My next cruise is on Britannia to Norway in late June, my first attempt several years ago being spoiled by norovirus I hope for better luck this time. Plus a better disembarkation than Arvia last week when it took nearly 30 minutes queuing to get out of the baggage claim hall.

Two changes on Britannia since last time

The Market Place used to sell 'Artisan' dishes from across the UK. Not any more it is now just cakes, ice cream and coffee.

The Glass House is now informal on black tie evenings. Actually there are two contradictory answers on the P&O site. The formal venues by ship question has the Glass House as formal and the our ships section displays this. Glass House has no dress code. This also applies to Aurora, Azura, Ventura and Arvia.

BRIT GLASS HOUSE.jpg

Edited by davecttr

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

My next cruise is on Britannia to Norway in late June, my first attempt several years ago being spoiled by norovirus I hope for better luck this time. Plus a better disembarkation than Arvia last week when it took nearly 30 minutes queuing to get out of the baggage claim hall.

Two changes on Britannia since last time

The Market Place used to sell 'Artisan' dishes from across the UK. Not any more it is now just cakes, ice cream and coffee.

The Glass House is now informal on black tie evenings. Actually there are two contradictory answers on the P&O site. The formal venues by ship question has the Glass House as formal and the our ships section displays this. Glass House has no dress code. This also applies to Aurora, Azura, Ventura and Arvia.

BRIT GLASS HOUSE.jpg

Yes, that was a 'mare in the baggage hall on Sunday!🙄

I've never been aware of formal attire being required for the Glass House, including on Britannia; so the image is correct.

On the image for Sindhu, I believe the dress code banner refers to the smart casual wear of a normal evening. We have dined in there several times on Arvia and Britannia, the most recent on the latter being September, and the same 'smart casual' code applied for formal nights.  These days on Britannia, formal attire on the formal evenings only applies in the MDRs, Epicurean, and the Crow's Nest.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We got off about 0800ish and walked straight through.  No queues at all.  One of the easiest disembarks we've had.

You made the right choice there, lad! 👍

By 09:00 it was heaving.

• Like 1

Dave I think your luck has just ran out again, we are on this cruise. 🙂

We may bump into each other.

Gan Canny

Dai

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

We sail on 30th June Dave, is this the same as you? 

Andy

Andy

No but it is the one we are on 🙂 

See you on board

Gan Canny

Dai

On 5/5/2023 at 10:39 PM, AndyMichelle said:

Shame, we could have bought you a drink... 

Andy 

Just a thought I could help you there, I could drink it for Dave. 😇

Will all those of you on the 30th June cruise please ensure that any issues on board are ironed out, especially any to do with Freedom Dining, as we board Britannia for 2 weeks the day that you disembark 😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Will all those of you on the 30th June cruise please ensure that any issues on board are ironed out, especially any to do with Freedom Dining, as we board Britannia for 2 weeks the day that you disembark 😉 

Not your lucky day either as we are doing a back to back. 🙂 

Gan Canny

Dai

Given up cruises going on cruises of less than 15 nights so all of ours are either long ie 35 nights on Ventura or back to backs. Just means less traveling to Southampton and less hotels needed.

48 minutes ago, daiB said:

Given up cruises going on cruises of less than 15 nights so all of ours are either long ie 35 nights on Ventura or back to backs. Just means less traveling to Southampton and less hotels needed.

Given where you live I can see that makes a lot of sense. Thankfully we are less than 2 hours from Southampton, and it’s always a breeze of a journey, so no need for hotels. Most of our cruises are 14 nighters, but we have just returned from 5 days on QM2 and amazingly we felt as though we had been on her for double that time. Something about cruises where time seems to slow down!

• Like 2