Enchanted Princess Premium Minisuite M107 or M108

Jules&Ted

We have the option of one of these cabins in August next year leaving from Ft Lauderdale to the ABCs and then New York.  I have seen on the Princess site that the balcony may not be accessed at certain times being at the front of the ship and very windy.  We believe it should be okay for port days but was wondering if it would be accessible arriving and departing ports.  Can anyone shed any light on this?  I have seen a couple of video reviews but no mention of this at all.

We had one of these cabins for our Alaskan cruise last May and loved it!!  The balconies of those cabins can be accessed at ANY time during your sailing.  The balcony doors don’t lock at all.  That being said, It can be very windy if you’re in open waters—so much so that you probably don’t want to be out there at all.  Your room steward may strap down any chairs/cushions on those days.  But heading into or out of ports—there is no problem whatsoever.  Just be aware that the lower area on these balconies are metal (not the blue glass), so they might technically be listed as obstructed.  And at night, you need to keep your curtains closed so your cabin lights don’t interfere with ship navigation from the bridge.  And please be aware that because these cabins are far forward and are high up, this may not be the cabin for you if you’re sensitive to motion.

I've been in the mini's next to them.  They are significantly windier than the ones between them.  Would I book one?  I would.  But see the caveats from Cobber76 especially on motion,  

26 minutes ago, Cobber76 said:

We had one of these cabins for our Alaskan cruise last May and loved it!!  The balconies of those cabins can be accessed at ANY time during your sailing.  The balcony doors don’t lock at all.  That being said, It can be very windy if you’re in open waters—so much so that you probably don’t want to be out there at all.  Your room steward may strap down any chairs/cushions on those days.  But heading into or out of ports—there is no problem whatsoever.  Just be aware that the lower area on these balconies are metal (not the blue glass), so they might technically be listed as obstructed.  And at night, you need to keep your curtains closed so your cabin lights don’t interfere with ship navigation from the bridge.  And please be aware that because these cabins are far forward and are high up, this may not be the cabin for you if you’re sensitive to motion.

Thanks for that....we usually travel very aft so we get to see the wake and normally does not affect either of us.  In fact, I have had more motion sickness with cabins in the middle!  We always have our curtains closed at night so that will not worry us either.  I am feeling more positive about this cabin now.  We usually only go on the balcony leaving or coming into port, so this sounds like it might suit us. 

Did you have any issues with wind noise?  Someone mentioned he had to wear earplugs at night!

Thank you again for your feedback.

27 minutes ago, suekel said:

I've been in the mini's next to them.  They are significantly windier than the ones between them.  Would I book one?  I would.  But see the caveats from Cobber76 especially on motion,  

Thank you...I think it may suit us.  I guess my husband will be the deciding factor!

5 hours ago, Jules&Ted said:

Thanks for that....we usually travel very aft so we get to see the wake and normally does not affect either of us.  In fact, I have had more motion sickness with cabins in the middle!  We always have our curtains closed at night so that will not worry us either.  I am feeling more positive about this cabin now.  We usually only go on the balcony leaving or coming into port, so this sounds like it might suit us. 

Did you have any issues with wind noise?  Someone mentioned he had to wear earplugs at night!

We stayed in a balcony on the Lido deck (forward) on the Regal and no earplugs  were needed.  As has been stated, just keep your drapes closed at night. Keep lights off if you go on your balcony at night.

The only negative is not being able to see out,  due to the metal railing.

Edited by nini

The only noise you may get in the cabin is if the sliding door isn't shut tight.  I had posted a video of M107 on another thread and you could hear the whistling as the wind was howling.  All we had to do is shut it firmly and the noise stopped.  By the way at times when it was too winding to be on the forward or "wing" part of the balcony we were able to sit comfortably on the side near the sliding door.  And there is also a forward facing window in the bedroom that affords awesome views that you can see from the bed.  Wouldn't hesitate to book one of these rooms again.

15 hours ago, Jules&Ted said:

We love these cabins. When we settle down to sleep, we open up the curtains. Keep them closed after dark until then.

We love motion on a cruise, but we haven't had much of that in these cabins in Alaska and the Caribbean.

On the subject of noise, if it's foggy you WILL hear the fog horn loud and clear. 

On 5/3/2023 at 7:51 PM, Jules&Ted said:

We heard an occasional creak near the balcony door a couple of times--but no other wind noise that I remember.  With all the activity we did in Alaska every day, we were really tired by the end of the day and we slept really well.  Perhaps we so exhausted we just didn't hear it? HAHA!  Regardless, I don't think it was an issue in our particular cabin for the sailing we were on.