moon vs dawn

mitz18

We've done a couple trips on the Dawn now and love her; our new favorite.  Now we are thinking about a trip on the Moon which we've never been on - for those that have been on both;  how much of a difference will we really notice?
TIA

Basically nothing.

We were on the Dawn last August and are currently on the Moon. The only difference is a different crew. 
On the Moon the crew is magnificent and I feel from that perspective this is the best SS cruise that we have had. However the crew is always changing and often moves around the fleet.

So no need to be concerned.

• Like 1

I have also sailed both and I echo drron's post. There is really nothing different and I love both ships too😀 Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

I have sailed both and as far as I can tell, the only physical difference you might notice is that the Moon only has USB A charging ports in your cabin, while the Dawn has both USB A and USB C.

And currently the Moon has rather more than the Dawn (though still not a lot) of books in what they laughingly call a 'library' .

Otherwise it's difficult to remember which one you are on, they are the same.

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 1

In Silver Note on the Moon the stage is left as you walk in.  It doesn’t work as there is too much crew traffic backwards and forwards across the stage and passenger traffic heading to the bar.  They have moved the stage on the Dawn, it is now right with a table in between the entrance and stage.  Much, much better as the entertainers are more integrated into the room.  It does seem on the Dawn that Silver Note is being used a lot more other than dining, again a plus in a Jazz Club.

MM

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Miss Merry said:

In Silver Note on the Moon the stage is left as you walk in.  It doesn’t work as there is too much crew traffic backwards and forwards across the stage and passenger traffic heading to the bar.  They have moved the stage on the Dawn, it is now right with a table in between the entrance and stage.  Much, much better as the entertainers are more integrated into the room.  It does seem on the Dawn that Silver Note is being used a lot more other than dining, again a plus in a Jazz Club.

MM

I noticed that too on the Dawn. First My wife thought I was crazy, but I finally convinced her it was definitely different than on the Moon.

Not really anything of note between the dawn and moon, but the Muse certainly has many differences.

Though I prefer Indochine to SALT, there are many other big difference, with the biggest being Dolce Vita. On my first sailing, the cavernous bar has been improved and near divided, the bar itself is horrible in comparison to Dawn and Moon. No USB in rooms either. Other changes are locations of La Dame, arts cafe and silver note… and something I noticed last night… a start case into panorama nigh in the dance floor.

Theyve certainly learned from their mistakes.

It means I didn’t double check the auto correct that took place on my phone and should probably wear glasses when using my phone.

Here is the stair case…. This doesn’t exist on the moon or Dawn. Second photo is from deck 8 showing the other end of the stair case.

B05C4A33-FF47-403F-9117-0DA5E6BC96BD.thumb.jpeg.bb4e4ed4d7580e4d36f2700dbe66fb65.jpeg

13B31FC0-0F89-4918-8D21-F6A8D863FF49.thumb.jpeg.362312d4dc10446bff2b450b2b29a922.jpeg

• Like 3