Speciality restaurant booking when travelling with family

We are a party of 4 in two staterooms. Speciality dinning opens for us 8pm USA time (1am Uk). Plan to book tomorrow morning before work

( 6am Uk ).

How do I book a table for 4. I have both stateroom numbers and two different booking references even though husband paid for cruise. We have no real preferences to which day but are more particular about times. We are in concierge.

Thought I would ask as we had to log into both accounts and book excursions simultaneously.

Thank  you in advance

You can book a table for four from one account. When you get to the reservations section for the restaurants, be sure you do not say that you want to share a table. The system will ask if you want to add another suite to your reservation. Simply input the booking number for the other suite and you will get a reservation for a four-top. Hope this helps.

Dave

13 hours ago, DaveFr said:

You can book a table for four from one account. When you get to the reservations section for the restaurants, be sure you do not say that you want to share a table. The system will ask if you want to add another suite to your reservation. Simply input the booking number for the other suite and you will get a reservation for a four-top. Hope this helps.

Dave

We are traveling with another couple who are first time Regent cruisers.  We select dining before them.  Can I add them to my reservation when I book dining or do we have to wait until their selection opens up?

In the past, pre-Covid, we were traveling with someone new to Regent and i was able to book all our dining reservations together when it opened for me. However i am not sure if that is the case anymore or not.  You can call Regent and ask them or maybe someone with more recent experience will post.  have a great cruise. 

• Like 1

Six or seven years ago, friends were able to add us to their dining reservations early. They were on a Dubai to Cape Town and Cape Town to Singapore back to back. We were on the Cape Town to Singapore leg. We were gold or platinum at the time which might have been the reason adding us to the reservation was allowed. 

I think the simplest thing to do is to wait until you’re making your dining reservations and attempt to add your friends to the reservations. The system will either allow you to add them, or will give you an error message. If you get an error message, I suggest calling Regent to see if they can add your friends over the phone. If that doesn’t work, you can try to add your friends to your reservation when they become eligible to make dining reservations. As a last resort, you can always attempt to add your friends to your reservation after you board the ship.

Dave

• Like 1

you can add others to your dinner reservation when you make it if you have their booking reference even if they wouldn't have been able to themselves.  We do this all the time when traveling with family.

• Like 2

We had booked reservations for Prime 7 as soon as they were available to us as Gold members in a Concierge Suite for the cruise on Navigator that we just finished. We were able to add our 2 traveling companions to our reservation, one in another Concierge Suite, and the other in a Veranda Suite. Because they were on our reservation, they were not able to make a reservation for themselves.

Our TA told us we would have no problem getting at least 1 more reservation for the 4 of us after we boarded.

However, on our first day onboard, they did have a problem giving us another reservation, and only did so after we pointed out that we had paid for 3 cabins, and there were only 4 of us, with most of the tables being for 4 or more.They reluctantly gave us 1 additional reservation during the second week, but not at 6:30 as we wanted. Unfortunately, both of our cruise companions received terrible food on our first visit (they both ordered the same thing), and were reluctant to return. We did, and there was another disaster served.

We actually much prefer Compass Rose to Prime 7, and on Navigator, Prime 7 is very small. We had previously booked another cruise on Navigator next year, and I doubt we'll bother with a reservation. Our 2 traveling companions in the other 2 cabins are unlikely to do another Regent cruise they had bad experiences at Prime 7, and Compass Rose was too packed and noisy for them. Neither was interested in the Italian dinner at Sette Mari, and we only tried it once in the past, and found that the best of their dishes were available in Compass Rose.