Late Night Buffet

deege

On our last cruise in January we noticed that there was no late night buffet on the Encore. Just curious if that was just a one off or did NCL cut something else out? We liked it because it was nice to go there after a late show to have a quick snack and chat before turning in for the night. We did go to the Local, but the buffet was just more convenient. 

39 minutes ago, deege said:

On our last cruise in January we noticed that there was no late night buffet on the Encore. Just curious if that was just a one off or did NCL cut something else out? We liked it because it was nice to go there after a late show to have a quick snack and chat before turning in for the night. We did go to the Local, but the buffet was just more convenient. 

Late night buffet has not been a regular feature on any NCL ship for about a decade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deege said:

The late night snack hours of 9:30 to 11:30 in the Garden Cafe were eliminated a few months ago as one of the many cutbacks. Many of us, like you,  used to like stopping up there for a quick snack at the end of the day.  No more, unfortunately. 

11 hours ago, deege said:

Buffet closing times were moved from 11:30 to 9:00ish (no late night snacks) in November. There were very few people using the buffet later and most of the food was going down the grinder to become fish food. O'Sheehan's / The Local are open for 24/7 foods snacks (there are a couple of gaps when they are changing over between services). 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Buffet closing times were moved from 11:30 to 9:00ish (no late night snacks) in November. There were very few people using the buffet later and most of the food was going down the grinder to become fish food. O'Sheehan's / The Local are open for 24/7 foods snacks (there are a couple of gaps when they are changing over between services). 

^^^ This. If you're peckish at night, I recommend O'Sheehan's/The Local or room service. I applaud NCL for eliminating something that was wasteful in both financial and gastronomic terms.

• Like 2

The problem that NCL had was that there were not "many of us" or "many people" using the late buffet. There were a "few" people who actually ate late at night (and a lot were crew... who now have to use the crew mess). 

Me, yup, I am at Sorentos at 11:30 and was at the NCL Buffet at 11:30 every night. Now it's a decision on whether we need that 4th (or 5th) meal of the day. 

image.png.f9ff65f112fd129dbc5a3e157ae3c429.png

It is always a mad dash for me to make it to the buffet in time for crepes after dinner, which of course are the best desert on the ship by far.  I was disappointed on a recent sailing that crepes are now only on offer a few nights per cruise.  

i second or third the recommendation for Osheehans for late night eats.  They will stay open late and have decent hot fries and tasty nachos.

• Like 1