Cancelation scenario

kdog3ss

A friend and I would like to book a cruise for September knowing that the final payment would be due in June. What happens if my friend would have to cancel the month before, August, for a medical reason? I know she might get some of her money refunded, but do I then have the cabin to myself? Hoping it doesn't have to come to this, but just looking at what might happen. 

Trip insurance not the one thru celebrity.  Not 100% on this but if she cxls you would be shifted over as a single passenger I think, which btw would be about same as 2 in cabin.  I would go thru a TA so they can help you navigate te questions better and give you options 

10 minutes ago, kdog3ss said:

A friend and I would like to book a cruise for September knowing that the final payment would be due in June. What happens if my friend would have to cancel the month before, August, for a medical reason? I know she might get some of her money refunded, but do I then have the cabin to myself? Hoping it doesn't have to come to this, but just looking at what might happen. 

That would be long after final payment so no refund from Celebrity.  You would have the cabin to yourself.

Whether or not your friend would get any refund depends on what kind of insurance she would have

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kdog3ss said:

An alternate friend can be substituted that late at no additional cost?

Yes, I have read in this forum that it can be done after final payment for no added cost as long as your name was on the original booking when it was made. Obviously check this with your travel agent. 

Edited by mahdnc