Is a 17 year old an Adult or not

chiguypaul

I have a 17 year old and will be at the time of sailing. The Celebrity web site says a child is "under 17". A customer service rep said a 17 year old is a child. anyone know the right answer? Is my 17 year old a child for the purposes of booking and making a reservation?

Just pointing out either the website or the rep is wrong, based on past experiences it’s more likely the rep is wrong

Not sure if this makes any difference, perhaps rules are different between US, Europe and Australia sailings

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

Why are you asking? Gambling? Drinking? Single occupancy? Use of spa?  Different answers for different questions 

The OP is asking for the purposes of "booking". 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Why are you asking? Gambling? Drinking? Single occupancy? Use of spa?  Different answers for different questions 

For booking purposes. I said that in my original post.

1 hour ago, chiguypaul said:

I have a 17 year old and will be at the time of sailing. The Celebrity web site says a child is "under 17". A customer service rep said a 17 year old is a child. anyone know the right answer? Is my 17 year old a child for the purposes of booking and making a reservation?

In general there is no price difference between an adult and a child, especially if you are in the 16/17/18 age range. When you get far enough along in the booking process the system will ask for everyone's birthdate anyway. It's weird that the website even differentiates between adults and children when booking a cruise.

2 hours ago, chiguypaul said:

17 & under are classified as a child

• Thanks 1