MSC full body massage attire question for men

TheSoccerCoach

On shore, we are used to full body massages wearing nothing. 

On MSC, she had me put on the paper underwear, which were not relaxing at all. 

When I wear normal underwear, they move them all around anyway. 

Since we can't go without them, what are other guys doing/wearing for their massages?

Thanks.

Edited by TheSoccerCoach

3 hours ago, titangas said:

On both of my MSC cruises, December 2021 on Seashore and April 2023 on Meraviglia - I did not wear anything for massages.

I normally do as well on land. But, MSC policy for men and women is genitals must be covered. Surprised they allowed this. Did you tip up front? 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, TheSoccerCoach said:

I normally do as well on land. But, MSC policy for men and women is genitals must be covered. Surprised they allowed this. Did you tip up front? 

Nope, I just undressed and laid down with the towel over me.

This is the first I have even heard of this policy.

16 hours ago, TheSoccerCoach said:

On shore, we are used to full body massages wearing nothing. 

On MSC, she had me put on the paper underwear, which were not relaxing at all. 

When I wear normal underwear, they move them all around anyway. 

Since we can't go without them, what are other guys doing/wearing for their massages?

Thanks.

In 2019, we took Sinfonia on a Mediterranean cruise. Our package included the massage. I was handed the paper underwear, which barely covered anything. Put them on just for the novelty of it. My wife did not put them on, just used her underwear.

11 hours ago, TheSoccerCoach said:

I wore nothing. The paper undies barely covered anything to start with, so there was hardly any difference between those and being starkers... 😄

Edited by DCGuy64

14 hours ago, titangas said:

Nope, I just undressed and laid down with the towel over me.

This is the first I have even heard of this policy.

The masseuses know how to effectively manage the sheets and are discreet when you are asked to adjust your position on the table. There is no need to wear anything, other than arrive for your appointment in your robe and slippers. To be honest, even wearing very skimpy underwear could hinder the masseuse. I’ve never been asked to wear underwear for a massage on a cruise.

On 5/8/2023 at 11:52 AM, kelleherdl said:

The masseuses know how to effectively manage the sheets and are discreet when you are asked to adjust your position on the table. There is no need to wear anything, other than arrive for your appointment in your robe and slippers. To be honest, even wearing very skimpy underwear could hinder the masseuse. I’ve never been asked to wear underwear for a massage on a cruise.

So glad you get to experience this! I have tried a few times to have a massage with nothing on and have always been asked to put underwear on. It does take away from the full sensory experience of the massage and all of the moving around of the garment is distracting and makes little sense. I will be asking the manager about this on our next cruise. Thanks for the info. 

I have had massages in Thailand and Malaysia both by females and I wore the provide underwear, it’s a matter of respect nothing else.I cannot believe some 

people and their attitude. No I won’t read this thread again.

I'm actually surprised at this question.  I always wear just underwear and didn't realize there was an option for the buff.  Although I am female, are boxer briefs an option for you?  And also, to those pearl clutchers, you have the option to scroll.  People get massages and have questions.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

I'm actually surprised at this question.  I always wear just underwear and didn't realize there was an option for the buff.  Although I am female, are boxer briefs an option for you?  And also, to those pearl clutchers, you have the option to scroll.  People get massages and have questions.  

Thank you for the mature, respectful comment. Much appreciated! 

The pearl clutchers would probably be aghast that we used to have crew only nude sunbathing spots on the cruise ships I worked on in the 90s, as well. Bless. 

But, anyway, MSC has obvious rules for under 17s in the spa and treatments. For example, under 17s must keep their swimsuits on for a massage. 

But, I am finding it is a bit grey for 18 and up. Some in this thread wear nothing during their massages, which is, in my experience, the norm on land, at spas, etc. 

I have worn boxer briefs, but then the therapist has to push them up, move them around, etc. which they would not have to do if they were not in the way. 

And they are respectful professionals and can drape us as needed, so, hence, my question. 

I've emailed the Directof of Spas for all of MSC for what the suggested dress is for on board massages and will share her response when received. 

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, TheSoccerCoach said:

Thank you for the mature, respectful comment. Much appreciated! 

The pearl clutchers would probably be aghast that we used to have crew only nude sunbathing spots on the cruise ships I worked on in the 90s, as well. Bless. 

But, anyway, MSC has obvious rules for under 17s in the spa and treatments. For example, under 17s must keep their swimsuits on for a massage. 

But, I am finding it is a bit grey for 18 and up. Some in this thread wear nothing during their massages, which is, in my experience, the norm on land, at spas, etc. 

I have worn boxer briefs, but then the therapist has to push them up, move them around, etc. which they would not have to do if they were not in the way. 

And they are respectful professionals and can drape us as needed, so, hence, my question. 

I've emailed the Directof of Spas for all of MSC for what the suggested dress is for on board massages and will share her response when received. 

Cheers!

It is a good question.  I am comfortable wearing what I wear as that's me.  But yes, I imagine it could get uncomfortable with maneuvering especially for a guy.  I have received massages for years and never realized there were buff options.  Just keep us posted.

• Like 1