What shows/entertainment are on Horizon and….elevators?

zanydoc

Hello! I’m new to Carnival and have booked Horizon for May 21st. Are there any not to be missed shows or entertainment and do I need to make reservations right away when I board like on Royal? Also, I’ve heard the elevators are weird on this ship-can someone please explain how they work? Thanks! 

The shows are music review shows.  If they are a type of music you like, then you'll enjoy it. No reservations, seating is first come first served. If you get there 45 min before showtime, you'll get your choice of seat.

Elevators: buttons are on the outside, none on the inside.  You press the floor you want, one press for each person in your party.  Elevator will come and take you to your floor. If you get on a random elevator, you won't be able to change where it takes you.

• Like 1

Lots of comedy shows, most nights, multiple shows per day.  They'll be listed as either family friendly or adult only. Some are great, some not so much. A lot depends on preference. 

They have other shows also. It'll be personal preference whether they sound like more fun than other things going on, like dive in movies, bands, and so on. Nothing that I'd consider can't miss though. Playlist productions music reviews are the closest to can't miss... if it's a genre you like. 

• Like 1

Love the elevators on the Horizon.  Like previous poster said, you select your floor and number of people before getting on.  The panel will then tell you which elevator to use.  It is so easy and makes so much sense.  Unfortunately, some people couldn't figure the elevators out, so Carnival went back to standard elevator calling on the Excel class ships.  

You can request a copy of the Fun Times from your cabin steward, or just look for daily activities on the app.  There is a ton to do, such as comedy shows, trivia, cooking or towel animal demonstrations, music all over the ship.  There is a reason Carnival has the fun ships - there's always something to do.  Enjoy. 

• Like 1

We just got off of the Horizon on Sunday.  You are going to have a great trip!  We ended up spending all of our evening in the Piano Bar with Chris Woods.  He is phenomenal and so much fun.

5 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Well, with the frequent confusion, the elevators ARE the show!   😄  

Amateur performers. It’s a game show to see who can find their two brain cells first and put them together

• Like 1