Has anyone been to Del Mar Latino Beach Club?

molly361

26 minutes ago, molly361 said:

It just has a pool which is okay with me.   It's walking distance from the ship.    All inclusive $39 so if it rains won't be out a bunch of money.  Anyone have any experience with it?

We like it because it is small, very convenient from International, very budget friendly, very safe environment;

It was certainly becoming more popular (loud chatting) in recent visits but remains  predominantly an older crowd. When we first went there would often be 6 people max! Like every where else they are making budget cuts - smaller menu, smaller portions.

We have been many times but not since last Spring. I think you have seen my previous reviews so I can’t add anything recent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

We like it because it is small, very convenient from International, very budget friendly, very safe environment;

It was certainly becoming more popular (loud chatting) in recent visits but remains  predominantly an older crowd. When we first went there would often be 6 people max! Like every where else they are making budget cuts - smaller menu, smaller portions.

We have been many times but not since last Spring. I think you have seen my previous reviews so I can’t add anything recent.

Is the Del Mar the one that has the big Palaypa hut that you can see to the left from the ship?

15 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Is the Del Mar the one that has the big Palaypa hut that you can see to the left from the ship?

From memory, if you mean the big palapa next to multistory white building - that is the lobby of Grand Park Royal. 

To the left of port is El Cid which i think has a small palapa on top of a flat roof for their restaurant. Then Grand Park Royal which has big Palapa and some smaller ones on buildings on the beach. 

Del Mar is just beyond that next to Atlantis (the submarine dive). I think it just has a wooden pergola roof over the bar area. There are some small palapas on the other side of the inlet at Del Mar,  which is the hotel beach area.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

From memory, if you mean the big palapa next to multistory white building - that is the lobby of Grand Park Royal. 

To the left of port is El Cid which i think has a small palapa on top of a flat roof for their restaurant. Then Grand Park Royal which has big Palapa and some smaller ones on buildings on the beach. 

Del Mar is just beyond that next to Atlantis (the submarine dive). I think it just has a wooden pergola roof over the bar area. There are some small palapas on the other side of the inlet at Del Mar,  which is the hotel beach area.

Yes that's it.  I think they have or did have AI day passes at the Park Royal as well.  

12 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes that's it.  I think they have or did have AI day passes at the Park Royal as well.  

I have done day passes to Park Royal too and really enjoyed it although considerably more expensive than Del Mar. I am not sure of current pricing as a recent email to my contact bounced back but pricing does tend to be variable and seasonal.

Park Royal is much bigger with more facilities and an indoor buffet for lunch, a welcome break from the heat. It has several pools. We have split the day between the beach and pool, and then  larger pool on the lobby side of the road, reached by an underground tunnel. If we have wanted an AI day (especially with children) we have chosen Park Royal  I think it has better value than El Cid. If we just want 2-3 hours the reduced pass to El Cid is fine but I think their AI price is high for the facilities. 

Unfortunately we did a land visit to Park Royal before cruising resumed and were very disappointed in quality and service compared to our previous experiences Obviously those were difficult times and I would hope the situation has improved, but would read recent reviews carefully.  

One word of warning be careful not to get caught up in timeshare meetings to discount your day pass or you will waste a lot of valuable time.

(No timeshare hassle at Del Mar.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Do you book it in advance? 

Yes, we usually do. They only take a limited number of people since it is very small. 

They would probably take walk-ups if they aren’t full. It used to be really quiet for the first year but became quite popular pre-Covid.

Not sure how numbers are now, we haven’t been in a while.

2 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Yes, we usually do. They only take a limited number of people since it is very small. 

They would probably take walk-ups if they aren’t full. It used to be really quiet for the first year but became quite popular pre-Covid.

Not sure how numbers are now, we haven’t been in a while.

thanks  I had forgotten about this post and booked Chankahabb or whatever it's called. going to cancel that and book this. I like that it's walking distance 

11 minutes ago, molly361 said:

thanks  I had forgotten about this post and booked Chankahabb or whatever it's called. going to cancel that and book this. I like that it's walking distance 

Ok both are good but totally different experiences.

Del Mar is very convenient and budget friendly and generally quiet to relax. There were reports of cutbacks to menu post-Covid (like lots of places!) so not sure what the situation is now. Plates are small (tapas type) but used to be unlimited. Drinks are typical AI quality. Service used to be very good.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Do you book it in advance? 

Yes, we book it in advance. Pay the deposit which I believe is $8 a person and pay the remainder when you check in. It is within walking distance but we took a cab. It was not expensive.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ManImBored said:

Yes, we book it in advance. Pay the deposit which I believe is $8 a person and pay the remainder when you check in. It is within walking distance but we took a cab. It was not expensive.  

Have you been recently? Are they limiting the menu and plates still as reported?

5 minutes ago, ManImBored said:

Yes  I  booked and paid the $8.  Google says it's a 6 minute walk.  El Cid looks closer but is $65.  I'm probably only going to spend 2 to 3 hours there

Edited by molly361

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Just looked at the El Cid website.  That place looks nice and is closer to the port.  But it's $65 as opposed to $39 for Del Mar.

It isn’t worth it to me at that price but we have been and past and paid the reduced pass. It’s OK but if I want to  pay that much I prefer Park Royal. Nicer pools and indoor buffet out of heat. Coffee and ice cream parlor.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Have you been recently? Are they limiting the menu and plates still as reported?

The last time I went was Dec 21. They weren't doing anything like that then. I also didn't see anything on their website about it. 

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes  I  booked and paid the $8.  Google says it's a 6 minute walk.  El Cid looks closer but is $65.  I'm probably only going to spend 2 to 3 hours there

I didn't realize it was that close of a walk. It seemed like a 6-minute drive but it's been awhile since I went. 

4 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

It isn’t worth it to me at that price but we have been and past and paid the reduced pass. It’s OK but if I want to  pay that much I prefer Park Royal. Nicer pools and indoor buffet out of heat. Coffee and ice cream parlor.

Does a 6 minute walk to Del Mar sound right to you?  Thanks for your help  Having trouble finding Park Royal Day pass info.  Will probably stick with Del Mar

21 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Does a 6 minute walk to Del Mar sound right to you?  Thanks for your help  Having trouble finding Park Royal Day pass info.  Will probably stick with Del Mar

Yes turn left out of International.

Pass El Cid entrance, beach side of Park Royal, Ernestos’s and then immediately next to Atlantis submarines. Turn left down a slope with a blue and white wall.

Park Royal you have to buy in the lobby on the day and avoid the timeshare people. I would stick with Del Mar for less hassle especially solo. We go to Park Royal with kids since Del Mar is adult only.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ManImBored said:

I didn't realize it was that close of a walk. It seemed like a 6-minute drive but it's been awhile since I went. 

Depends which pier. Probably 6 minutes from Langosta in town. Possibly from Puerta Maya with traffic. We always walk from International.

Edited by c-leg5

30 minutes ago, ManImBored said:

The last time I went was Dec 21. They weren't doing anything like that then. I also didn't see anything on their website about it. 

It is probably 2021 early 2022 since we were there. Menu was certainly reduced from original (items no longer offered) but they weren’t limiting plates.

37 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Just found this fair assessment on RC blog, which has a photo of entrance

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/09/07/cozumel-del-mar-latino-beach-club-all-inclusive-day-pass-review

• Like 1