Has anyone been to Del Mar Latino Beach Club?

molly361

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 3:28 PM, c-leg5 said:

It isn’t worth it to me at that price but we have been and past and paid the reduced pass. It’s OK but if I want to  pay that much I prefer Park Royal. Nicer pools and indoor buffet out of heat. Coffee and ice cream parlor.

Been to both and I agree about Park Royal.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 8:27 PM, c-leg5 said:

If you are mobile, still an easy walk and save yourself $16.

Have you ever been to El Pescator,  Ernestos and/or Sunset Bar?  Have DelMar booked but thinking of maybe just going to Ernestos or Sunset instead.  I live in Florida so hanging out at the beach/pool isn't a biggie.  Looks like Ernestos is close but they don't have a website.  Thanks

Edited by molly361

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Have you ever been to Ernestos and/or Sunset Bar?  Have DelMar booked but thinking of maybe just going to Ernestos or Sunset instead.  I live in Florida so hanging out at the beach/pool isn't a biggie.  Looks like Ernestos is close but they don't have a website.  Thanks

Yes been to both!

Ernestos is just a bar/restaurant. Fine for snack overlooking the water but not somewhere you can really linger. I think they have some FB postings but i don’t do FB . Lots of photos and reviews on TripAdvisor. Long,  narrow dark bar with small outside seating with little shade.

Sunset is  much bigger, street level and downstairs water level.Fundamentally a diving/snorkeling operation. Fun to do, or watch but very busy with cruise ship excursions. I enjoyed people watching - I did not appreciate the lady at the next table who felt it necessary to subject us all to her Bluetooth speakers (that is a pet peeve of mine and wish people would use individual listening devices). My husband wasn’t impressed with Sunset but I wouldn’t mind giving another try but would sit upstairs next time - again just a quick stop.

Just beyond Del Mar is Tikila Bar which i would probably recommend over Ernestos. I have only been once for a quick drink. They also have an outdoor seating upstairs but also have a downstairs area with some loungers which i didn’t realize until later.  If you aren’t booking you would pass this en route to Sunset and could look in and decide depending how busy it is on the day.

If you are just looking for lunch and a drink and are up to walking, i would suggest checking out Sereno, rooftop restaurant a little further along from Sunset. This one i haven’t tried but is definitely on my to-do list. (You do have to climb three flights of stairs above Albatros Suites.) They do have website but I can’t get it to open at the moment. Again reviews on TripAdvisor.

Not sure how long you intend to stay, but I would give Del Mar a try if you just want somewhere to hang out on a lounger and relax in a safe place. As I have said before there really isn’t any “beach”, just rocky entrance for snorkeling. It has been 18 months since we were there but unless things have changed a lot I have always felt secure and no hassle with charges. I just relax and read on lounger or dip in small pool to cool off and have snacks and drinks brought to me! It is small, and not much to do but being hassle-free counts for a lot to me. I can see the ship and there are no transport issues.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 3:26 PM, molly361 said:

I like the fact that you only pay a deposit.  It it's raining or something you're only out $8 not $71 for Royal's excursion

When you say a 6 minute walk from the pier to Del Mar, are you talking about the International Pier or the RCCL Pier? Or is RCCL now docking at the International Pier?

Edited by NRichard10

48 minutes ago, NRichard10 said:

When you say a 6 minute walk from the pier to Del Mar, are you talking about the International Pier or the RCCL Pier? Or is RCCL now docking at the International Pier?

International Pier is the RCCL pier unless you are onna smaller older ship then sometimes they dock at Punta langosta in town. 

You can see all three locations on google maps and do a virtual walk.

6 minute walk from International, probably 5-10 drive from Langosta depending on traffic.

Edited by c-leg5

18 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

International Pier is the RCCL pier unless you are onna smaller older ship then sometimes they dock at Punta langosta in town. 

You can see all three locations on google maps and do a virtual walk.

6 minute walk from International, probably 5-10 drive from Langosta depending on traffic.

We are on RCCL Harmony of the Seas.

Now I remember. Langosta is the furthest from the town. 

I just confused the location of each one.

I hate that Taxi ride from Langosta.

Thanks for refreshing my memory.

10 minutes ago, NRichard10 said:

We are on RCCL Harmony of the Seas.

Now I remember. Langosta is the furthest from the town. 

I just confused the location of each one.

I hate that Taxi ride from Langosta.

Thanks for refreshing my memory.

No, Langosta is actually IN town, well right on the southern edge.

Puerta Maya and International are close together, 3 miles south of Langosta.

Harmony will be at International.

Edited by c-leg5

10 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

No, Langosta is actually IN town, well right on the southern edge.

Puerta Maya and International are close together, 3 miles south of Langosta.

Harmony will be at International.

Sorry about that. I finally got it straight now.