Question about Sky suites on Edge

darsura

Hi,

Will be on our first E class ship (Edge) soon, and first time in a suite (Sky suite mid-ship).  We just got the Move-Up offers and wondering if we should bid on a Sunset Sky suite.  The minimum bid is $500 per person.  I love aft views and usually sail these on M class.  Would appreciate any thoughts on this.  
Thanks!

I would check to see how much a sunset sky suite is going for if you upgraded outright before bidding. Personally, I wouldn’t spend the extra money for a view of the wake, although it is lovely, because the retreat already offers forward views on the retreat deck for which you are already paying a premium. Having said that, I’ve not yet sailed E class either but have a MC sky suite booked on Edge to Alaska next year. For me, the MC sky suite already costs the max I’m willing to spend. At the end of the day, do what will make you the most happy 😊

We like being near all of the Retreat areas on E-class and prefer near the forward elevators, so we would not pay more for a sunset SS. Mobility is not what it used to be and the extra walking would detract from our enjoyment.

mac_tlc

11 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I would check to see how much a sunset sky suite is going for if you upgraded outright before bidding. Personally, I wouldn’t spend the extra money for a view of the wake, although it is lovely, because the retreat already offers forward views on the retreat deck for which you are already paying a premium. Having said that, I’ve not yet sailed E class either but have a MC sky suite booked on Edge to Alaska next year. For me, the MC sky suite already costs the max I’m willing to spend. At the end of the day, do what will make you the most happy 😊

Good idea.  I checked and unfortunately there are none showing available to book so I don’t know the current price.  Thanks!

11 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

We like being near all of the Retreat areas on E-class and prefer near the forward elevators, so we would not pay more for a sunset SS. Mobility is not what it used to be and the extra walking would detract from our enjoyment.

mac_tlc

Good point.  Thank you!