Carnival Venezia maiden voyage live

My dinner tonight was delicious but not WOW. It is one of Dijons highest rated restaurants. I don't know if I got unlucky or what,  but I'm guessing it's just that Dijon doesn't draw the chefs like Paris and Lyon do. Speaking of which,  I'm off to Lyon tomorrow morning,  and one day was enough for Dijon.  Everything closed down before 10pm except a few restaurants,  now I see why it was so hard to make a reservation this Sunday night. 

20230514_160528.jpg

20230514_160906.jpg

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Do call those French fries there? Or just fries? I feel like you need to order toast for breakfast and see what they give you. 

It's called pomme frites, or just frites. Literally fried potatoes.

I get what you're asking about breakfast, but no, there's no such thing as French Toast as Americans know it. https://www.frenchlearner.com/culture/french-toast-in-france/

Edited by kwokpot

Day #1 in Lyon was lots of fun.  In Roman times it was called Ldyon according to the comedic historian on the HOHO bus. Lyon, geographically, reminds me of Budapest with a hilly side on one side of the river and flat side on the other. Except in Budapest it's the Danube River and here it's the Rhone River, plus a large tributary that converges into the Rhone in Lyon (starts with "S").

• Like 3

If I thought the hotel room in Paris was attic-funny, this one has it beat. Take steps from lobby to 1st floor,  which is actually 2 floors because the floor above the lobby and reception is restaurant.  Take elevator to 5th floor,  get off and walk up creaky steps to 6th floor with cracked medieval crossbeams.

20230515_080939.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

The room was not ready when I first arrived so I walked around,  had a yummy "typical French" sandwich and fed Tweet Tweet.  "Tweet Tweet" was a European sparrow that Faith and I first met in Rome when Faith was 9. Because it looked slightly but noticably  different from Mid-Atlantic sparrows we fed from our birdfeeder at home,  when we saw a second one Faith exclaimed "daddy Tweet Tweet followed us!" I went with it.

20230515_053657.jpg

20230515_054215.jpg

20230515_061647.jpg

20230515_061649.jpg

• Like 6