Guaranteed cabin booking and assignment

On 5/9/2023 at 6:10 PM, OCSC Mike said:

Yes, perfectly normal, no need to worry.

Have you tried the bar code trick to locate your cabin?

Method 1. If you have an Apple device, add your set sail pass to your Apple wallet. Numbers will now appear under your bar code. The numbers after the dash represent your cabin.

Method 2. Scan the bar code with a QR scanner from another device and that should also show you the numbers.

NOTE: If you see "GTY" instead of numbers, you truly haven't been assigned yet. One tip off is that if you don't see a muster station on your set sail pass then you almost definitely don't have an assignment yet.

EDIT: My bad, you haven't even checked in yet. Try the above after you do, 45 days out.

I checked in at 12:01AM this morning...and the bar trick worked!!!  Thanks guys!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AspiringCindy said:

I checked in at 12:01AM this morning...and the bar trick worked!!!  Thanks guys!

Hope that put your mind at ease and you like your assignment!

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Hope that put your mind at ease and you like your assignment!

It put my mind at ease...however I don't like the room assignment! LOL!! My daughter was assigned a smaller than average inside cabin. Cabin 12914! 

18 minutes ago, AspiringCindy said:

It put my mind at ease...however I don't like the room assignment! LOL!! My daughter was assigned a smaller than average inside cabin. Cabin 12914! 

From the deck plans, it doesn't appear to be 'smaller than average' for an inside.  The inside cabins are 172 sq ft--so it's smaller than a balcony room, but almost all the insides are that same size of 172 sq ft.  

Edited by rockmom

16 minutes ago, AspiringCindy said:

I know you said the ship was sold out, but if any interiors of the exact same category (i.e 4V or whatever she has) do become available AFTER your daughter is officially assigned that cabin (meaning it actually appears on her set sail pass and you don't have to use the bar code trick anymore) she can switch cabins by calling. This is assuming you booked from the US. And if you used a TA they have to call.

Hope that made sense.

11 minutes ago, rockmom said:

From the deck plans, it doesn't appear to be 'smaller than average' for an inside.  The inside cabins are 172 sq ft--so it's smaller than a balcony room, but almost all the insides are that same size of 172 sq ft.  

There is video on Cabin 12916. Ironically, deck plans show 12916 as an inside cabin, however it has a nice window looking down onto the boardwalk. The room is very small though. It only has a chair. I would have loved if my daughter's had a window as well. I really can't complain! I'm happy to go on vacation with my family. It's just frustrating because I paid less for my ocean view balcony cabin, my other daughters oceanview cabin, and my 3rd daughter's Central park cabin.

Edited by AspiringCindy

18 minutes ago, AspiringCindy said:

There is video on Cabin 12916. Ironically, deck plans show 12916 as an inside cabin, however it has a nice window looking down onto the boardwalk. The room is very small though. It only has a chair. I would have loved if my daughter's had a window as well. I really can't complain! I'm happy to go on vacation with my family. It's just frustrating because I paid less for my ocean view balcony cabin, my other daughters oceanview cabin, and my 3rd daughter's Central park cabin.

So here's the scoop on those rooms.  That area used to be the diamond club before Oasis was Amped.  That is why a couple do have a window, which remained from the prior Diamond club.  And whether they have a chair or a sofa, the room sizes are the same.  It depends on the way they set up the furniture and if the room sleeps more than two and needs a sofa bed. There's a small chance hers could have a window too, but I wouldn't count on it, I think it's just the two rooms on either side of the card room.   12916 should be classified at a 2T, just like 12918, which are "Promenade View Interior" rooms versus a 4V interior that sleeps 2.  But great location on deck 12!  I'm guessing you booked those other ones well before this one, hence needing to go with a guarantee/interior for more $ than the others?  

14 minutes ago, AspiringCindy said:

There is video on Cabin 12916. Ironically, deck plans show 12916 as an inside cabin, however it has a nice window looking down onto the boardwalk. The room is very small though. It only has a chair.

I see what you mean. It's a funky layout.

EDIT: I was typing before I saw the explanation for why the room is a bit unusual. That makes sense.

I just checked for the heck of it and your cruise isn't sold out but the only interiors showing up on the RC site are central park view and promenade view. No harm in checking for a 4V later on like I mentioned above. I'd live but I'd also try to switch to a more typical layout with the small couch/loveseat if possible.

3 minutes ago, rockmom said:

.  But great location on deck 12!  I'm guessing you booked those other ones well before this one, hence needing to go with a guarantee/interior for more $ than the others?  

Yes that is correct! The other 3 cabins were booked over a year ago, while the guarantee cabin was booked 6 months ago. I do love the location though. A higher deck and centrally located!

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I just checked for the heck of it and your cruise isn't sold out but the only interiors showing up on the RC site are central park view and promenade view. No harm in checking for a 4V later on like I mentioned above. I'd live but I'd also try to switch to a more typical layout with the small couch/loveseat if possible.

I defintiely will!

3 minutes ago, AspiringCindy said:

Yes that is correct! The other 3 cabins were booked over a year ago, while the guarantee cabin was booked 6 months ago. I do love the location though. A higher deck and centrally located!

and how do you know that her room will only have a chair?  Just because 12916 does, doesn't mean hers will. Although I think many times they do put a chair as it gives a bit more floor space since interior rooms can be pretty small, as you've seen in photos and videos.  

4 minutes ago, rockmom said:

and how do you know that her room will only have a chair?  Just because 12916 does, doesn't mean hers will. Although I think many times they do put a chair as it gives a bit more floor space since interior rooms can be pretty small, as you've seen in photos and videos.  

I just assumed because the room next dorr has a chair.

3 minutes ago, AspiringCindy said:

and it probably does  She'll just have to visit your room and sit on the sofa there, lol.  Sounds like a fun family trip!  I looked around and am 99% sure she won't have a window, it's just the 2 on each side of the card room.  But I do love deck 12, stayed there a few times on Oasis class. Super convenient.  

Just now, AspiringCindy said:

I'd make the same assumption.

While recently booking an interior on Wonder, I learned there at least 3 different layouts for 4V's on that ship (from videos), one of which has no chair or couch/loveseat at all. We were choosing our cabin (not GTY) so we avoided the aft interiors where those cabins seemed to be.

There appeared to be two more common layouts. My wife preferred one and I preferred the other but neither of us really care, we just like having the small couch, which both have. That said, we went for the one she likes (naturally) based on our best guess. In just 10 months we'll find out if we were right. 🤣

• Like 2