independence of the seas

I only cruised RC once and it was Mariner of the Seas... this time I am cruising on Independence of the Seas. Has anyone stayed in a promenade interior room? Is it noisy? Also how much is a cocktail? I do not drink but my husband does - we are trying to figure if the drink package is a better deal than buying individual drinks. Thanks in advance.

10 minutes ago, C cruise said:

I only cruised RC once and it was Mariner of the Seas... this time I am cruising on Independence of the Seas. Has anyone stayed in a promenade interior room? Is it noisy? Also how much is a cocktail? I do not drink but my husband does - we are trying to figure if the drink package is a better deal than buying individual drinks. Thanks in advance.

I've stayed in a promenade Interior one time on Navigator. It wasn't noisy at all with the exception of the 70's dance party one night.  I remember actually being surprised at how not noisy it was. We were on Deck 8.

Cocktails will range between $11- $14 depending on the drink.  

If you decide to buy the drink package remember that both you and he need a package.  If you don't drink you can order the refreshment package while he gets the DBP.  You can't order it through the cruise planner, it won't let one buy the DBP without the other.   You must call in to make that purchase.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

Check the deck plans and see if you are over a bar. I've stayed in a promenade cabin and never got a noisy one but I'm not over anything noisy. 

Most drinks are around $14. Often there is a cheaper drink of the day around $10.99.

• Like 1

We were in a 7th floor Promenade Room on Independence recently ... and we were only two rooms away from the "entertainment bridge" /the spot where they play the music.  We loved this room and would definitely like to stay in it again!  Specifics: 

- It was noisy twice during Promenade parties.  We opened the curtains, sat on the little sofa and enjoyed the party.  It was only about 30 minutes each time.  The noise was lots of base and was annoying until we started watching.  

- You'll have a set of blackout curtains + a set of sheers that provide a decent amount of privacy.  Pretty much everyone kept their curtains closed all the time.  

- The Promenade lighting is dimmed at night, so you kinda have an idea of what time of day it is.  

• Like 1