Updating the Celebrity app on my Android tablet?

terrydtx

I have a Samsung Galaxy 8 Tablet that I use more than my phone. Today when I opened the app I got a message saying I needed to update the app, when I tried to update the app in the Galaxy store, I get the message that the app is no longer supported on my device. I cannot use the app on my tablet anymore, what is going on, is this something Celebrity changed recently? Is this another cost cutting measure by Celebrity? 

11 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I have a Samsung Galaxy 8 Tablet that I use more than my phone. Today when I opened the app I got a message saying I needed to update the app, when I tried to update the app in the Galaxy store, I get the message that the app is no longer supported on my device. I cannot use the app on my tablet anymore, what is going on, is this something Celebrity changed recently? Is this another cost cutting measure by Celebrity? 

there are some suggestions here.  

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

I cannot use the app on my tablet anymore, what is going on, is this something Celebrity changed recently? Is this another cost cutting measure by Celebrity? 

The app is a smartphone app. It was not meant to run on a tablet. Obviously it used to run despite that. The way the Google Play store works Celebrity would have to allow it to be installed on a tablet. But they aparently don't want to or have not bothered. People have been able to do a workaround and install it by sideloading the app. And it works. The safest way would be the Samsung Smart Switch App. There are also third party app stores. There would be a risk using one of those those. I advise using the smart switch app. 

Edited by Charles4515

12 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The app is a smartphone app. It was not meant to run on a tablet. Obviously it used to run despite that. The way the Google Play store works Celebrity would have to allow it to be installed on a tablet. But they aparently don't want to or have not bothered. People have been able to do a workaround and install it by sideloading the app. And it works. The safest way would be the Samsung Smart Switch App. There are also third party app stores. There would be a risk using one of those those. Use the smart switch app. 

Thank you, I used the smart switch app and it worked perfectly. I still think it is very cheesy that Celebrity no longer supports tablets. I use the HAL and Oceania apps on my tablet with no problems. 

• Like 1

our old Samsung Android phones and Tablet never worked with the App..too old. I  have a new phone but never tried get the app..

we do fine without it..we hear it often has bad or missing

• Haha 1