LIVE from the Norwegian Escape – Western Caribbean May 14-21, 2023

BirdTravels

Time to go back to US Eastern time

Note: The Bird has sailed on this itinerary many times, including last December. This is the first cruise where the Captain elected not to change the ship’s clock to local time in Honduras and Belize. For most people, they could subtract an hour from ship time,,, there were a few that never figured it out. 

IMG_5417.jpeg

39 minutes ago, disneylover89 said:

Thank you for all the dailies!!  Do they have any movies under the stars?  I only noticed movies in the atrium.

Look for evening movies in Spice H20. Like yesterday there was Star Wars the Force Awakens at 7:00. The night before was Jurassic Word Domination. And tonight there is some Disney movie at 7:00. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

Great review and photos!

Can you please take pictures of Pinchos and its menu? Thanks!

The Bird will post all menus and restaurants “soon” (probably Monday).  With the ship at 110% capacity with a lot of “younger folks” glued to heir phones, the Wi-Fi has been painfully slow. 

BTW: Originally created by Iron Chef Jose Garces, the Bird considers Pinchos some of the best food on the ship. And are sad that it is only on the Escape. The Tapas restaurant on the Prima does not compare. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

BTW: Originally created by Iron Chef Jose Garces, the Bird considers Pinchos some of the best food on the ship. And are sad that it is only on the Escape. The Tapas restaurant on the Prima does not compare. 

I’ll be boarding the Escape in two weeks…I’m curious as to what your top favorites items to order from Pinchos is! I plan on using one of my speciality credits here……

7 minutes ago, NayRN said:

I’ll be boarding the Escape in two weeks…I’m curious as to what your top favorites items to order from Pinchos is! I plan on using one of my speciality credits here……

3 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Great review and photos!

Can you please take pictures of Pinchos and its menu? Thanks!

IMG_5446.thumb.jpeg.2c6e0d17ccc10ca8cd19a31e2e1d2ae5.jpegIMG_5447.thumb.jpeg.1a534acddb2537e33b87f945230d7f98.jpegIMG_5445.thumb.jpeg.411940d3e514d714a0e7edc2c3d49e0a.jpegIMG_5449.thumb.jpeg.2ccaf20d040a830ee8fe0d45ee5c9e6d.jpeg

IMG_5450.jpeg

IMG_5451.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Canvas by U is a painting class where you are taken step by step to create a masterpiece,,, in one hour. It was offered (and sold out) four times in this cruise. Sign up with the entertainment reservations group on embarkation day. (Bring your own wine). 

IMG_4236.jpeg

IMG_4237.jpeg

IMG_4238.jpeg

IMG_5437.jpeg

IMG_5440.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

Thanks so much for your informative review, we were on the Escape in March, we are going on Escape again in Dec.  I don't remember seeing Pinchos, can you tell me what the CAB means on the menu for Pinchos, it says grilled CAB beef skewers, is CAB Certified Angus Beef?  My husband only eats chicken or beef and I want to try this restaurant, I just want to make sure that is a beef only dish. 😱

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

For those boarding the Escape on 5/21/23, here’s your Day 1 Freestyle Daily

IMG_5542.thumb.jpeg.2bc631dcd0fe013a452d2cc02124f4fd.jpegIMG_5543.thumb.jpeg.9686ac1e1cc2a555059e5be7fda0a85e.jpegIMG_5544.thumb.jpeg.2f6ceca86b624dee776e75fbf491d1c3.jpegIMG_5545.thumb.jpeg.4a2e23875641d7e77dd3e10dbfd40445.jpeg

IMG_5546.jpeg

IMG_5547.jpeg

Thanks for posting these. My 23 yo daughter is embarking today with her bf and she's been down in Miami since yesterday, so I just sent her these. We sailed Escape in 2018 so she's already pretty familiar with the ship. 

Hope you had a great week!